Spirit Shearing Comb
- Shearing sheep, llamas, alpacas
- Blocking sheep (blocking)
- 13 tooth
- 3.2 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Heiniger's Ovina, Sunbeam's Pacer and Oster's P1082
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian D from Nebraska
I am very pleased with this comb which as a novice I use on llamas. I use it in combination with ceramic cutters.
Jean V from Pacific Northwest
I bought these to shear my alpaca crias' coats. They worked beautifully and came sharpened and ready to use, unlike combs purchased from other vendors.
Pam K from Wisconsin
I use these blades on sheep and alpacas on my Andis Xpedition shears. The blades are good and work excellent. They aren't very sharp though. I had to send them off to be sharpened before I could use them, unfortunately.
Brandon M from Indiana
I am a semi-professional shearer (approximately 1000 sheep a year) and have been using the Spirit 13 tooth comb for several years. I have many other brands also but like the spirit comb the best. The last few I have purchased have been very easily broken so I'm leery about quality of these now. Could be something I'm doing wrong but brand new blades are breaking teeth before needing resharpened (
Jason L from MD
I shear alpaca and llamas exclusively. Im not a circuit shearer i sjear small farms in 5 states and that accouts for about 100 animals. I use only 13T combs. I have many straight combs, Heininger, Andis, Oster - and Premier One Spirit. I also have a few 13T gathering combs by Premier One as well.
I have found the Spirit combs to be equally comparable to the other brands. Out of the box sharp and ready to use. I dare say the Spirit combs may hold an edge a little longer in the right conditions!
If your shopping for combs - do not hesitate to shop Premier One Spirit.