Spirit Shearing Comb
- Shearing sheep, llamas, alpacas
- Blocking sheep (blocking)
- 13 tooth
- 3.2 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Heiniger's Ovina, Sunbeam's Pacer and Oster's P1082
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jay J from Tennessee
These are great especially if you're just getting started. I've been to two shearing schools at Ag Universities. One used Premier shears with these combs and Spitfire cutters. The other I used my own Premier shears with these combs and Spitfire cutters. Other students were using bigger shears fitted with Chinese combs and cutters. The combs and cutters didn't last nearly as long and they were fatigued faster holding those heavy shears.
Gayle E from Virginia
Worked great with a new spitfire cutter.
Ready to go right out of the box. Used with ceramic cutter for shearing very heavy wooled breeding ewes and worked fantastic. Had to clean frequently because the ewes were super dirty and oily, but still sharp 15 ewes later.
Works great. Used with a Spitfire cutter. Didn't have any issues.
Theodore C from New York
Purchased a spare blade. Price, service and support were great.