Spitfire Shearing Cutter
Standard 4 point cutter. 4.0 mm thick.
For the removal of wool, fiber and hair from livestock. Works with all 13, 17, 20, 22, 23 tooth combs.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- 4-point cutter
- 4.0 mm thick
- Fits Premier’s 4000s Shearing Machine or any 3" shearing head
- Works with all 13, 17, 20, 22, 23 tooth combs
How to Use
- Slide the cutter on top of the comb producing the cutting action.
- Combs set the depth and speed at which fiber is removed (more teeth = slower speed, thinner combs = less fiber remaining).
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 8 oz bottleItem #258300 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$4.20
Phantom S Shearing CombItem #863400 -
For shaping show animals. 20 tooth comb fits Premier machines. Not for against the skin use.$28.00
Phantom R Shearing CombItem #863300 -
Sheep shearing comb for Premier's shearing machines. For shaping show animals or shearing sheep with course wools.$28.00
Camelid CombItem #862600 -
Specialized Heiniger comb for shearing llamas, alpacas and camels.$60.00
Heiniger's Mohair Shearing CombItem #862500 -
A good beginner shearing comb. Also used for llamas, alpacas and Angora goats.$51.00
Apache Shearing CombItem #862000 -
For shearing range ewes, feeder lambs and winter farm flocks.$28.00
Blackhawk 94 Shearing CombItem #861800 -
For blocking show sheep and shearing fine and medium wools with sticky fleeces.$28.00
Spirit Shearing CombItem #861200 -
An excellent comb for beginner shears. Easy to control while providing a quality finish. Can be resharpened by Premier.$28.00
Blackhawk 92 Shearing CombItem #860500 -
Sheep shearing 13 tooth comb for farm/range flocks and blocking show stock.$28.00
Premier Comb/Cutter BoxItem #824606 -
Use this handy box to keep expensive combs and cutters organized, clean, safe and lubricated.$3.20
Premier Clipper/Shearer CaseItem #824000 -
This carrying case protects your clipping or shearing machine and accessories from damage. Internal pre-molded tray hold everything in place.$44.00
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tony W from Tennessee
Excellent cutter for shearing my sheep!
Christine J from North Carolina
I ordered 3 cutters because they’ve always proved to preform well. I shear sheep, alpacas and llamas with them. I realized my old ones weren’t holding there edge. Then it dawned on me how long I’ve been using them, years! Time for new ones for sure. They worked like a charm.
Patricia C from Florida
Sent blades in for sharpening and bought another set. Response to both were fast and quality. The staff has always been a great help.
Carl B from Pennsylvania
Excellent product! Worked very good. A+
Boyd B from Utah
I would recommend this product paired with the Phantom R cutting comb. These products have proven themselves to hold their edge longer and to perform better than any others that we have tried. We brand a lot of cattle that need to be clipped and these products have never let us down.