- Works on all 13, 17, 20, 22, 23 tooth combs
- Fits Premier's 4000s or any 3" shearing head.
How to Use
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb & cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Worka great. Definitely better with clean wool. Also, can shear more with frequent oiling. Got through 4-5 head of show lambs before switching out to a fresh cutter and comb.
Jason L from Maryland
Excellent cutter. I use it with 13 tooth gathering combs to shear small flock sheep in Southern Md. On average i can shear 8-10 long wool sheep & alpaca before changing out cutter / comb. Highly recommend Premier cutter and combs.
Kristin G from MN
This is the best brand of all we have tried. We shear around 16 southdown sheep, which is a difficult breed to shear because they have wool on their entire face, legs, everywhere. I think we do a good job, but we are very slow, averaging about 1-1.5 hours per sheep. The spitfire is the only one I will buy now. In fact, I would like to save my money and sell my Oster Showmaster so I can try Primier's machine.
John W from ohio
The cutter comb combination is a perfect set for shearing alpacas
Christyl K from NW Iowa
I had been using blades & cutters from Oster & if I was lucky I would maybe get one ewe sheared per set. With the Spitfire I was able to shear 8-10 head of ewes before I noticed it was starting to dull. Also this cutter was so much easier to get started into the wool. BONUS these are less expensive.