- Works on all 13, 17, 20, 22, 23 tooth combs
- Fits Premier's 4000s or any 3" shearing head.
How to Use
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb & cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kristin G from MN
This is the best brand of all we have tried. We shear around 16 southdown sheep, which is a difficult breed to shear because they have wool on their entire face, legs, everywhere. I think we do a good job, but we are very slow, averaging about 1-1.5 hours per sheep. The spitfire is the only one I will buy now. In fact, I would like to save my money and sell my Oster Showmaster so I can try Primier's machine.
John W from ohio
The cutter comb combination is a perfect set for shearing alpacas
Christyl K from NW Iowa
I had been using blades & cutters from Oster & if I was lucky I would maybe get one ewe sheared per set. With the Spitfire I was able to shear 8-10 head of ewes before I noticed it was starting to dull. Also this cutter was so much easier to get started into the wool. BONUS these are less expensive.
Brian M from Iowa
These cutter blades work amazing! WHEN THEY ARE SHARP! I was a first time shearer. I have a small herd of angora goats. My philosophy was first come first sheared. It was a pregnant doe. Did it old school. Sat her down and went to town. Arm pits. Dangerous. Cut poor claire. Got anxious. Started being paranoid. Pulled on her fleece to see where i was going. BAD IDEA. Their skin is so light and stretchy it pulls right up and you cut it off. BAM! One inch gaping wound. Now i feel like I'm killing her. Finished up with just those two lessons and not another cut. But you know what, I wasn't lubricating the blade because I was too worrying too much about cutting my precious claire. Now the blade is getting hot, the goats begin crying out, I'm pulling the fleece to make sure I'm not cutting my little yearling whethers and you know what. I CUT THEM MORE! So here's the end of my review. LUBRICATE THE BLADE. HAVE A BUNCH OF BLADES. DON'T PULL ON THE FLEECE AS YOUR SHEAR. BILLY GOATS DON'T LIKE YOU CUTTIN AROUND THEIR COIN PURSE. CROTCHES OF ANY KIND ARE PROBLEMATIC. WHEN THE BLADE GETS HOT TRIM THEIR HOOVES AND VACCINATE OR HAVE A LEMONADE,TILL IT COOLS DOWN. THE JOB IS DIFFICULT DON'T GET FLUSTERED! SHEARING STAND OR STANCHION IS SOMEWHAT EASIER. SHARP BLADE. SHARP BLADE. SHARP BLADE. LUBRICATION. MORE SHARP BLADES. SEND THEM TO PREMIER WHEN THEY NEED SHARPENING. LOVE YOUR ANIMALS. LUBRICATION.
Leslie R from Tennessee
Excellent for sheering sheep. I was able to sheer 25 head, some dirty, without it becoming dull. Very sharp cutter!