Steel T Post Activator
- Stainless steel plate
- Joint clamp is zinc/nickel with a stainless steel nut
- Hook the short side of the insulator onto T post.
- Pull or push the long side of insulator around the front of post.
- Hook long side around the back of post.
- To connect the electrical flow to the activator and gate, attach a piece of insulated wire from the fence to the split-bolt-joint clamp on activator. (Loosen nut from joint clamp, shed off approximately 2" of insulation from the insulated wire, and then slip the bare wire into slot of joint clamp. Tighten nut.) A SafeHandle will hook into the open hole on metal bar of activator.
- When the handle is connected, the gate is energized. When the handle is not connected, the gate is not energized.
- If the fence is continuing on from the gate, use insulated wire under the gate to feed the other side of the fence.
Also see downloadable electrified gate diagram above.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joann B from WI
I LOVE these insulators! Although they are a bit pricey. They are so easy to install and use. Sure beats making a gap connector out of twisted wire. I ended up taking the metal plate out of 1 insulator, installed the plate in another insulator so it ended up having 2 swivel metal plates (aka gap connectors). Then I was able to attach the metal wire fencing to one of the metal connectors to end that run of fencing. And connect the gap to the second metal plate. Now there's no need for a jump wire to connect the fence to the gap. I just installed these, so time will tell if they are worth the price based on how long they hold up to Wisc weather and naughty horses.
Good quality, easy to use. Like being able to feed the gate power from the latch rather than the "hinge". Much safer for kids and horses.