Dura-Top Pigtail Posts
Galvanized pigtail post for semi-permanent or rotationally grazed pastures. Springsteel shaft “springs” back into position if bent over. 33" tall, installed.
- Dura-Top head is designed to reduce tangling and eliminate wear
- Insulated top handle stops electrical flow down the shaft and can be used to safely adjust posts when the fence is live
- Add clip-on insulators to increase the number of conductors
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- Step-in temporary line post ideal for grazing all types of livestock
- Galvanized steel construction resists corrosion
- Springsteel shafts are resilient; stressed posts will flex and then “spring” back into their original shape
- Dura-Top head resists tangling when carrying multiple posts
- Insulated handle can be used to safely adjust posts, even when the fence is live
- Thick UV-treated plastic handle stops electrical flow down the shaft and provides years of use, even in harsh sun
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
- Gray metal pigtail and shaft, white handle
- 33" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- 7mm (.28") diameter shaft; shaft is not electrified
- Supports most sizes of electric fence conductors (up to 1.5" tape)
In very dry/hard soils, drilling a pilot hole in the ground may be beneficial. You can also wet the soil at the location you plan on using the post to first soften the ground.
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.