For permanent electric fences. Has 3 “cables” of twisted polyester strands into which 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined. Because it is made of polyester, EnduraSoft® 6.0 is soft to the touch and is more resistant to ultraviolet light than even the best polyethylene.
Very good conductivity (50Ω/1000 ft), so it’s suited for any length of fence line and nearly all energizers.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
Adding energized strands to any fence helps protect animals from a fence, and the fence from animals—because they won’t chew or rub against it.
|Size||6mm (1/4") diameter|
|Color||White / Black / White|
|Conductivity||50 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||3 tinned copper + 3 stainless steel|
|Non-conductive Filaments||Polyester (PES)|
|Visibility to Animals||Very Good|
|Ultraviolet (UV) Resistance||Excellent|
|Breaking Strength||1800 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||25 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals. (See recommendations below.)
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use a wind-up reel system to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect a fence energizer to a grounding system. Turn on energizer and confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 1-strand fence—34"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—46", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 3D anti-deer fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Susan J from Maine
I love working with EnduraSoft. Have used it for years and it lasts. It doesn't break down like other electrified ropes in the sun and isn't prickly to work with.
Ken M from Ohio
Over ten years ago, I installed our first fence using EnduraSoft and IntelliBraid, about 2000 ft around a pasture. Last summer I was baling hay (5x5' round bales) and two of the bales rolled down the hill toward the fence. It was starting to get dark and we couldn't see what happened but we were sure I was going to have fence repair work. When I finished baling, I went to look for the damage to find the bales. At first I couldn't find the bales, there was NO FENCE DAMAGE! I finally found the errant bales in the woods beyond the fence. Both 700+ pound bales had run over the fence and the fence popped back up in perfect condition. That sure would not have happened with wire fencing!
BTW, I only use two strands for most of our fences, and a single strand for a few places. Our horses well respect the fence even though most of the time it is not energized. A few days ago, I dropped a temporary rope line to let the horses into an extended pasture. The five horses looked at the line on the ground and found a way to go around it!
Suzanne S from Massachusetts
I used to get IntelliBraid, but tried this one instead. Definitely easier to handle and not so hard on one's hands. Not sure how long it will last or how much shock the horses will get since there is less wire involved in the braid.
Jason H from Indiana
This is by far the best electric rope on the market. It is strong and provides an eye-appealing appearance. I just installed new fencing where we moved, but my previous installation is standing strong after over 15 years.
Joseph & Debbie M from Pennsylvania
The best fencing on the market. I have used this fencing for over 19 years for my horses.