Goldfoot Springsteel Pigtail Posts
New! Galvanized springsteel post from Strainrite® Fencing Systems. Thick plastic insulation resists UV exposure. Jumps back into position if a person or animal bends the post over.
Holds one conductor. If additional conductors are needed, clip-on insulators may be added.
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- Step-in temporary line post ideal for strip-grazing cattle and sheep
- Galvanized steel construction resists corrosion
- Springsteel posts “spring” back into position when bent over
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic for years of use, even in harsh conditions
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
- White pigtail, gray metal shaft
- 33" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic
- Supports most sizes of electric fence conductors (up to 1.5" tape)
- 7mm (.28") diameter shaft; shaft is not electrified
In very dry/hard soils, drilling a pilot hole in the ground may be beneficial. You can also wet the soil at the location you plan on using the post to first soften the ground.
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Philip W from Vermont
So far so good. Dramatically better than the prior pigtail.
Thomas P from Washington
I point the ends for ease of use in hard or frozen soil. Excellent posts with strong footplate and good stiffness to resist too much flexing.
Don F from Iowa
Well constructed and the springsteel rod allows applications around curves, etc.