- 6-3/4"L x 5"W
- Heavy gauge galvanized steel
- Angles formed by horizontal bar, end post and brace wire are wrong. Result? The end post lifts up as you see to the right. Solutions? Either lower the brace bar or use a longer cross bar (10 ft or more). We now use an 8 ft long post as a brace bar but we set it only 36" above the soil. The brace wire attaches at the same 36" point.
- End post too small and/or not buried deep enough. For fences 3 to 4 ft tall, use 8" diameter end posts. Drive or set them 4 ft deep.
- Using floating braces. Regrettably we tried this design. They all ultimately failed.
- Live wires touching brace wires. When this occurs, as it does when posts move (like those shown at right have done), contact will occur and the fence will short out.