An all-purpose antiseptic lubricant that also kills micro-organisms.
Protects tissue by reducing the abrasive effect of retainers, hands and gloves. Makes lambs that have “gone dry” inside the ewe easier to pull. Will not irritate internal tissue.
Apply to the pins/shafts of ear tags for smoother insertion and reduced infection risk.
- Unlike some soaps, it will not irritate internal tissue.
- Protects the tissue by reducing the abrasive, impact of fingers, retainers, plastic gloves, etc.
- Plastic bottle to prevent breakage or spillage.
- Used as an antiseptic lubricant used to coat latex and OB gloves for the reduced risk of disease transmission during prolapses repair or assisted birth.
- Can also be used for ear tag insertion. It's a lubricating antiseptic that makes tag insertion much easier (requires much less hand strength to press male tag into the female tag). It also reduces infection risk. Antiseptic gel reduces ability of microbes from surface of ear tissue to cause infection in the "wound".
- Available in three sizes:
- 8 oz (squeeze bottle with flip nozzle)
- 16 oz (squeeze bottle with flip nozzle)
- 1/2 gallon
- Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl, Methyl Cellulose
- Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- SuperLube™ antiseptic will keep for years if stored out of the sun
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
OB Gloves, clear, pkg of 10Item #550900 -
Keep arms and hands covered while assisting the births of sheep, goats, cattle and other livestock. Glove covers most up to the shoulder.$2.75
Latex Gloves - Medium (pkg. 100)Item #550902 -
Use during lambing, handling sick animals or conducting postmortems. Protect your hands from inks and fluids which may stain or cause skin irritation.$14.00
Lamb/Kid PullerItem #558100 -
For assisting with difficult animal births. If the ewe/doe is small and the lamb or goat kid and your hand is too big, this tool can be vital.$18.00
Prolapse Harness and Retainer
Prolapse RetainerItem #559000 -
Best used in conjunction with a prolapse harness for keeping sheep and goat prolapses contained.$2.50
Lambing and Kidding Aids
Prolapse HarnessItem #560000 -
The most effective and gentle "antidote" for a prolapse. The soft red nylon webbing minimizes risk of tissue damage around the udder and vulva.$21.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sharon I from Ohio
My favorite lube for kidding.
Jon T from Mississippi
Works really great for installing ear tags on my sheep. Just dab some of this lube on both the male and female parts of the tag and apply some to the area of the ears the tags will pierce. Never had a single infection and the tags click in easier too.
Jennifer D from Oregon
Got this for the anteseptic in it. I looked for other lubrication but no others had it in them. Used it a few days after i got it to band some goat kids then a few days after that to tag a few kids. Tags went in smooth and easy. Only the small bottle was in stock when I ordered. Will purchase more before I run out to keep on hand. Very impressed so far.
Susan B from New York
This is the best obstetric lubricate on the market. Not watery, nice and thick. Helped me many many times to pull a stuck lamb. Stays on your hand and does not run off.
Jason W from Idaho
Works as described, no issues using and did ease installation of tags over not using.