T Ground Rods
This ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
- 18" or 3' tall
- 1/2" diameter
How to Use
- Allow 3 ft of ground rod per joule of energy output. 18" ground rods are to be used with energizers with outputs of 0.5 joules or less
- Space 18" rods at least 27" apart
- Space 3 ft rods at least 5 ft apart
- Space 6 ft rods at least 10 ft apart
- In dry/sandy soil—use ground rods long enough to reach moist soil
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
George N from Michigan
Received my order promptly.
Sang T from Indiana
This rod works great, easy to push down and pull up. Would highly recommend.
Robert C from Ohio
This will be a better ground rod with the T on top. Makes it easier to remove when moving the fence.
Kathryn P from Texas
Excellent! Easy to use and gives great ground.
Sara W from Michigan
Lost my old ground rod in a move. The T-handle is much better for clipping and pushing/pulling from the ground anyway, and is very affordable. 3 days after this one arrived I found the old rod—it's staying in the barn as a spare.