Shepherd's Choice Goat Kid Milk Replacer
Instant milk replacer with CitriStim® for goat kids.
- Fortified with vitamins & minerals
- Easy mixing
- All-milk protein including skim milk
- Medicated for controlling coccidiosis
Formulated by experienced shepherds and veterinarians for their own goat herds. Mixes well in bottles, buckets and automatic milking machines.
This product contains copper. Do not feed to lambs.
*Item #780004B (Bulk Pricing) is subject to shipping charges due to oversized and/or overweight items. Use the following table as a general estimate. Exact shipping charges will vary based on your location. We will contact you via phone or email with a quote before the product is shipped.
Estimated Shipping Cost for Bulk Pricing
|# of Bags||Weight||Shipping Cost|
|Zone A||Zone B||Zone C|
- Crude Protein, min 24%
- Crude Fat, min 25%
- Crude Fiber, max 0.15%
- Calcium, min 0.70%
- Calcium, max 1.00%
- Phosphorus, min 0.65%
- Copper, min 6 ppm
- Copper, max 15 ppm
- Vitamin A, min 30,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin D3, min 5,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin E, min 250 IU/lb
Ingredients: Dried Skim Milk, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey Product, Dried Milk Protein, Animal and Vegetable Fat (Preserved with BHA), Lecithin, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Extracted Citrus Acid Presscake, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K3), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Selenium Yeast and Brewer's Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors.
How to Use
Dry powder should be weighed to determine recommended amount. Measuring cup with each bag holds approximately 4 oz. dry powder. For best mixability, whisk powder with hot water (125°-135°F). Do not exceed 140°F. If the water is too hot you will damage the milk proteins (Maillard chemical reaction), which are essential to kid performance.
- Mix 4 oz. of dry powder with 1-1/2 pints (24 oz.) of water.
- For larger batches, mix 1-1/3 lbs. of dry powder with 1 gallon of water.
Heat 1/3 of the volume of water needed to 125°-135°F and mix with dry powder. Whip with wire whisk until all product is dissolved. Add remaining cold water to complete the mixture.
- For restricted hand feeding with bottle:
- Feed reconstituted milk at 100°F according to the following schedule:
- Day 1-2 — colostrum
- Day 3-4 — 1/3 pint (5 oz.) of solution 3 times per day
- Day 5-9 — 1/2 pint (8 oz.) of solution 3 times per day
- Day 10-13 — 3/4 pint (12 oz.) of solution 3 times per day
- Day 14 thru weaning — 1 to 1-1/2 pints of solution 2 times per day
- For cold ad lib feeding with free access feeders:
- Allow reconstituted milk to cool to room temperature (68°-72°F) before feeding. This will discourage kids from gorging and prevent over-eating. A one day supply can be mixed at one time.
Baby goats can be weaned at 6-10 weeks of age, providing that they weigh approx. 25 lbs.
- Always keep goat kids in a well-ventilated, draft free area.
- Provide all newborns with colostrum replacement during the first 6 hours of life to provide concentrated nutrients and passive immunity to diseases.
- Provide fresh water at all times.
- Provide creep feed when kids reach one week of age; keep fresh daily.
- Provide good quality roughage when kids reach one week of age.
- If goat kids are weak and unable to suck, feed using a stomach tube.
- Clean all feeding utensils and equipment after each feeding: Rinse in lukewarm water, wash with a detergent in hot water, rinse with clean water and dry thoroughly with a clean towel.
Warning: Do not feed to goats producing milk for food. This product contains copper—do not feed to lambs.
Lambing and Kidding AidsItem #564807Z -
Premier’s Orphan Feeding Buckets include everything you need to feed milk replacer to orphan lambs and goat kids. 2 gallon and 4 gallon options.$59.85
Teats and NipplesItem #562700 -
Easy to clean, wide-mouth plastic bottle for feeding orphan lambs or goat kids.$6.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Matt S from Nebraska
Best stuff we’ve found for bottle kids to date.
Anita R from Virginia
No diarrhea, growth is equally as the other 3 quads.
Zulema R from Florida
This goat milk has been the best purchase we have ever made. It mixes very easily and our puppies absolutely love it. We actually give some to all our dogs even our lactating bitches. Easily digested with no irregularities or allergies.
Anita R from Virginia
The kid loves it. No diarrhea. No bloat. Mixes easy. Cheaper than milk/cream/butter milk mixture. I love the pails.
Susan V from Indiana
Best milk replacer that I have ever used. My kids do great, never any scours or any other problems. Mixes easy and desolves completely in warm water.