Get needed nutrition immediately into newborns, with this stomach tuber specifically designed for use with lambs and kids.
- Specialized tube tip prevents airway insertion
- Safety indicator strips so the shepherd knows when the tube is safely in position
- One handed operation
- Easy clean design and material
- 8 oz
- 19.5" tube
- 5.5" height
- 2" diameter
- One handed operation
- Safety indicator strips – know when the tube is safely positioned
- Specialized tube tip – prevents inadvertent airway insertion
- Stable base – allows you to pre-fill the vial
- Hole at tube end, not the side – good flow and allows cleaning of the whole tube
- Transparent tube – see the milk flow and see when clean
- Tube clip – Holds the tube off the ground, hygienic and handy
- Gravity flow – not pressurized, safer and easy to control
- Easy-hold handle
- 8 oz capacity – one large or two smaller feeds without refilling
- Tube material avoids cracking
- Eye-catching color makes it easy to find
- Flexible gentle tube, but not so soft it could coil in the throat
- Milk directly into the vial from the ewe/nanny without losing precious contents
How to Use
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sally R from Washington
Much easier to use for one person than methods using pressure. Durable. Easy to clean with bottle brush. Like the hook on the handle as this makes it convenient to put on fence or bucket. Make certain you hold filled container below the lamb's mouth. One can forget this at times with a lamb that starts squirming. If colostrum is extra thick it can be a slow gravity feed. If air bubble in feed tube line, a blow into the container will clear this. Suggestions: make marking for minimum insertion length more prominent. The small black marks on feed tube can be detected in daylight, not so easy with flashlight. Likewise, ounce markings are hard to see. I've marked the lines with permanent marker.
Desiree H from Montana
Its cute, I'll give it that. But no way no how worth 23 bucks! Your better off with a 140cc syringe, and the clear feeding tubes. And your still less then half the price of this danty little thing. I was not impressed with this.
Bonnie F from Wisconsin
Haven't had to use this yet, but I am glad to have it on hand.
Laura R from Maine
Make sure to order a catheter feeding tube along with this to replace the existing tube! The tip of the tube is very large and hard. My lamb would gag and struggle to swallow this tube end which scared me at first. I felt like I was getting it into her windpipe, but it just turns out that the end was impossibly big for her to swallow down. I always ended up just having to force it a bit as she gaged. I'm certain it hurt her throat quite a bit in the 2 days I needed to tube her. I will be buying a catheter to replace the the tube on this for future lamb feeding emergencies. However, I liked the cup size and the design makes the whole process fairly easy to do by yourself.
Cheryl S from South Dakota
Super handy and easy to use. Makes probing goat kids easy.