Udderly EZ™ Milker
Hand-powered sheep and goat milking machine makes lambing and kidding season easier on your hands the the teats of your ewes and does.
A few pumps creates a seal allowing the teat valve to open and release milk. The flow is not rapid, but effective.
Speed-up and simplify the collection of:
- Colostrum for newborn lambs and kids.
- Excess milk from ewes or does for freezer storage.
- Milk for your family's use, reduce strain on your hands!
Designed with input from shepherds, herdsmen, veterinarians, farm managers and more from around the world.
Milker Kit includes:
- Udderly EZ™ Pump
- 8 oz Bottles (2)
- 16 oz Bottle
- Bottle Nipple (color may vary). This teat fits right on the Udderly EZ bottle of your choice. No more having to milk in one bottle and then transferring the milk or colostrum to another bottle for feeding. What this means is no more cross contamination from bottles.
- Small Silicone Insert (green) with #2 Extraction Tube
- Medium Silicone Insert (blue) with #2 Extraction Tube
- Teat Wipes
- Towel, microfiber
How to Use
- Always, clean the udder area, using the Udderly EZ Wipes provided in your kit, to remove any accumulated dirt and bacteria.
- Gently remove the wax plug from the end of the teat so it does not drop into the bottle.
- Manually strip each teat at least twice to get a good flow of milk started. Dampen each teat or use bag balm to help secure vacuum.
- Place the cylinder directly over the teat and gently lift the pump unit against the udder.
- Squeeze the handle at least 2-3 times, this will start the vacuum seal process, locking the unit onto the animal's udder. You may want to hold bottle with free hand and tilt inward or towards the top of the pump until sealed.
- As soon as the milk flow starts, stop pumping! When the flow slows or stops, start pumping again. You may need to repeat this sequence 3-4 times.
- To release the vacuum on the pump, push bottle backwards toward hand trigger to release vacuum lock. Do not pull pump off udder.
- The first milking will generally collect between 8-12 ounces of colostrum, although this may vary with each animal species or breed.
- If the mother does not let her milk down immediately, you may have to massage her udder gently to get the flow started. Push the entire pump and bottle up into the bag (like a baby bunting it's mom while nursing) and let the weight settle back down and be careful not to break the vacuum seal.
- Do not overfill the collection bottle, only fill to the indicated line on the bottle. Never tilt pump backwards. This will allow the milk or colostrum to run into the air intake hole and damage the diaphragm in the pump.
- Place the nipple directly onto the bottle and feed directly to the newborn. All our bottles are Freezer safe, just apply cap and place in freezer. DO NOT THAW OUT IN MICROWAVE!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
TopItem #556115 -
Replacement parts and components for the Udderly EZ™ Milker.$23.45
TopItem #556122 -
Replacement parts and components for the Udderly EZ™ Milker.$28.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Grigoriy D from California
Great device for milking. Have used it 3 times so far with no issues.
Jackie L from Mississippi
I absolutely love this milker kit product — it was one of the best investments I have made in a long time! Easy to use. No more cramping fingers while milking. Nice that it works fast.
Kristal R from Texas
I bought this thinking it would allow us to milk goats at weaning. I got a good suction but nothing comes out. Tried multiple teats so it isn’t the goat. Can get it with hand.
Terence H from Idaho
Works very well for milking my Boer goats. Tried to hand milk them and was not very successful. This made the task much easier.
Karen T from Kansas
Excited to have this product available if needed - easy to put together - I think it will be a great help and less stress on the ewes if I need to use it.