Wide Mouth Lamb 'N' Kid Feeding Bottle
- 16 oz or 500 ml.
- Feeding bottle can be microwaved with milk inside it. (Remove the teat first. Latex melts!)
- Wide mouth makes it easy to add and mix milk in the bottle.
- Offset cap location allows better milk flow in bottle racks.
- Can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
How to Use
- Wash before each use.
- Screw off lid.
- Fill as needed.
- Screw lid back on.
Cutting the Pritchard Teat—Teats are supplied with no hole in the end and must be cut before use. Two different techniques can be used to cut the teat:
- The most common technique is to use sharp scissors and snip the tip off cross-ways. The more you snip, the bigger the hole, so don't overdo it.
- An alternate method is to not cut off the tip, but instead carefully slit the end into two halves with a razor. The two halves snap back together when not in use and self seal the end of the teat. Most importantly, this self-sealing method of cutting the teat allows you to place the teat in a partially inverted position, from which the lambs can suck at will.
- Be sure not to lose the tiny metal ball that rattles when you shake the teat. The teat will leak without this ball. This rarely happens and primarily only from washing the teats too aggressively.
- Do not use Clorox® to disinfect teats. The strong chemical reacts with the latex and can cause rapid disintegration of the teat. Be aware of imitation Pritchard Teats currently on the market. They can be identified by their stiffer, molded rubber material. Pritchard Teats are made with soft pliable latex. We have found in experimenting with imitation teats that they are difficult to use with weak lambs, goat kids or tiny lambs from triplets or quads.
- Do not leave teats sitting in the sunlight. Especially do not leave them sitting on a window ledge inside a building. This "greenhouse" situation has been known to heat the red latex until it melts into a gooey blob. As all areas of high heat are bad for this type of latex, it's best not to leave them close to an "active" wood stove or furnace.
- Do not clean the teats in boiling water. Use only warm water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Nancy N from Maryland
Love these bottles! We would use soda bottles and put a nipple on. Filling those soda bottles were a nightmare. These make everything so much better. The WIDE mouth is great and we spill less in the filling process. I would definitely buy these again. Also the customer service is outstanding!!
Rip P from Wisconsin
Outstanding! Much better than anything I have used before.
Jessica G from Texas
Great bottle! It is easy to clean and easy to fill. The black gasket ring has a tendency to fall out of the lid when cleaning but is a minor inconvenience and will not keep me from ordering more. Love this product!
Loretta F from Arkansas
For one reason or another, I end up bottle feeding a few kids each kidding season. I like the Pritchard nipples, and those provided with these bottles are the genuine Pritchard nipples - SO superior to the knock-offs available elsewhere, which have plastic rather than latex nipples. The wide-mouth bottles are also a boon to the busy goat keeper, as they are much, much easier to clean than pop bottles. I would definitely recommend these to others!
Victor F from Illinois
We have both bottles old and new wide mouth. Love wide mouth better easy to clean!!