Wood Line Post Insulators
- Made of polyethylene with UV additive for extra long life.
- Spike is 1.5" long in which 3/4" of that is threaded.
- In very hard posts a 3/16" predrilled hole is required.
- They come prepackaged with 25 per bag, but sold individually.
- Pre-drill hole into wood post.
- Screw insulator completely into the post. (Tip: Use a screwdriver--slide the blade between the jaws of insulator and twist to screw in.)
- Predrill holes in the wood post.
- Put bit end of Wood Line Power Driver into chuck of drill and tighten.
- Place power driver over the insulator line up with pin inside cup of driver.
- Insert the screw tip of insulator into the predrilled hole.
- Thread conductor through insulator.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Audrey M from Tennessee
I love these. At first I was perplexed as to how to remove, you can use a screwdriver to screw them in but that doesn't work in reverse. However, what DOES work for both installation and removal is a chainsaw socket tool (about $7). Also called a scrench. The socket end of that tool lets you use it as a fulcrum. Love these insulators!!!
Easy peasy to install. Can't attest to wear as we just put them up.
Marcia R from Maine
Needs to be a little stronger
Leon E from Florida
The worst product I've ever got from Premier (and in 8 years or so I only had 2 Premier products that I was less than completly satisfyed with). Unlike similar product from a competitor these are pain in the neck to install (even with the special tool) because they need predrilling, disengaging the tool is more difficult, you never know which way the openning faces, etc. All in all - about 50% more time per insulator than the competitor's product, which is also cheaper and makes much better terminal insulators for low-tensile.
Susan S from Prince Edward Island
Great product for the price, only downside for me is that they are difficult to remove.