IntelliRope® PE 6.0
An effective electrified conductor for 3D anti-deer fences.
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent and portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mike B from Oregon
I would like to thank Premier 1 for helping me plan my 3D deer fence. I think I talked on the phone with just about everyone during my several week learning and planning process (Gordon, Stephanie, Brenda and Jordan). Sorry, if all my questions drove you nuts. I am an engineer and like to understand. Your website and most importantly, the people that make up the company (from technical to shipping) are awesome. Everything arrived on time and I was able to get it all set up and running in about 5-6 hours. I could do it faster now that I have done everything once, but I was impressed. Thanks again for all your help. I will let you know how it works and when I expand, I will be back.
Diane S from Texas
Purchased to keep horses off of pipe/cable fence. Very easy to set up/install. We used this with the pipe clamp insulators. So far very happy.
Mariann V from Michigan
Purchased this for permanent fencing in August 2018. Very happy with the quality and ease of installation. Fence has now been up for 2 winter’s. After initial stretch period, it has maintained tension. It is highly visible all year round. The horses definitely respect it, even when it’s not “hot”. Great quality for the price point! Ordering more to do additional fencing.
Paul L from Wisconsin
Fenced off about 8000 sq ft, garden. Too soon to tell if it works. Sure was simple to install. Set up a "3-D" fence for deer. Inside fence has a rope about knee high and one about 4ft high. Outside fence, which is three outside the inner fence just has one rope at knee high. Supposedly, this will confuse deer into thinking they would have a problem jumping this "3D" obstruction. Two weeks in, no deer inside perimeter, but also no crops yet to draw them in. Time will tell, but again simple easy to install.
Carl B from Ohio
I got it straight from Joel Salatin to buy the best... So for me there was no other choice and I am very pleased. I ran 3 rolls of 1320 feet by myself and was amazed that there were no tangles at all. My goats respect the fence and I am running a 2 wire setup. I also recommend getting the RopeLinks. They make the job easy to make connections.