Kube 4000 Energizer
The Kube 4000 plug-in unit is economic and wide-impedance. That means it produces unusually high pulse outputs in fences over dry soils. It performs better than standard low-impedance units during dry/snowy seasons and on fences for deer, poultry and goats.
It's proven, over the past 5 years, to offer reliability and excellent value.
- 3 stored joules
- 2.3 released joules
- 1.9 output joules in moist soils
- 1.24 output joules in dry soils
- Requires 6 ft. of ground rod in the ground
- 4.5 watts drawn per hour
- 48 pulses per minute
- 6' cord
- 2 prong plug
- Simple. No fancy "bells and whistles."
- Modular. Very easy to repair.
Should power... *
- 3 miles of 3 strand cattle fence.
- 1 mile of 5-7 strand sheep fence.
- 15 rolls of 164' sheep/goat nets and 7 rolls of 164' PoultryNet.
* All distances are dependent on amount of grass/weed load on the fence.
- Connect insulated cable (stripped back 1 - 2" on ends) to the fence terminal on energizer, run the cable to the fence line and connect.
- Then run a second length of cable from the ground terminal (with ends stripped again) on the energizer to the ground rod.
- Secure to ground rod with a clamp.
- Plug into outlet and test fence. Unit indicator light should flash and a tic-tac sound will be heard. If the indicator light doesn't flash, then the unit should be serviced.
- Test the energizer first.
- Turn off energizer.
- Disconnect ground wire and the fence wire.
- Turn energizer back on.
- With fence tester, put the ground probe (or clamp) to the ground terminal on the energizer and the metal loop (or positive clamp) at the top of the tester to the fence/positive terminal. The reading you get tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables. If there is a very low voltage (under 4000v) or no voltage, then the energizer may have a problem. If the voltage is high (greater than 4000v) then the trouble lies with your fence. Most energizers put out between 5000v and 8000v when there is no load (i.e. no fence hooked up).
If the energizer is faulty and it is a 110 volt plug-in unit…
- Check that the 110v outlet is "live" by using a plug-in drill or test light.
- If the test light works and the energizer does not, call Premier.
If the fence is at fault, then you must find the fault(s) and fix them.
If you have a Fault Finder you can simply touch the fence with the Fault Finder at various points along the electric fence(s). The Fault Finder will tell you at each point which direction to go in to locate the problem. Move in that direction testing as you go and you will arrive at the problem.
If you lack a Fault Finder…
- Walk or drive along the fence looking for any point in which the energized wires touch the soil, a steel post or a steel wire. On HT wire fences, check the wires at braces to see if they are touching a hot wire. On netting, look for a hot wire touching the metal stake at the bottom of the plastic posts. Also look for damaged insulators.
- If the fence can be separated into several parts (by switches or by disconnecting parts of it), you can locate the problem by beginning at the far end and then progressively turn off or disconnect the sections of fence. When the voltage on the remaining fence rises sharply, you've located the section(s) that's causing the problems.
- The alternative to (2.) is to begin at the fencer and progressively turn on sections of the fence. When the voltage suddenly drops you can assume that the problem is in the section most recently connected.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
James C from California
Kube 4000 Energizer is an exceptional product. The wide impedance is an impressive technology. I received it in the mail and quickly connected to my present electric fence configuration. When I tested it to several places on my electric fence, it delivered impressive voltage readings. I feel very comfortable that my animals, fowl, and property are protected from the predictors that roam our area. Thank you Premier 1 for selling this product.
Melissa M from Arizona
Great product. Today I had my hand resting on a t-post that was a few feet away from the fence. A dog touched the fence and I got shocked too cause I was touching the t-post close by. Best charger I have ever owned.
Great product and so easy to install! Works great to keep my dogs out and the chickens in.
Easy to install. Working fine so far. Arrived very quickly. I expect it to work as well as the other products I have purchased from Premier. Using it on a four stand Electro-braid horse fence.
Billy B from Central Illinois
I have been very pleased with the Kube 4000 Energizer. It has performed exceptionally well. I added a standard surge protector, and now have an On/Off switch for when the kids are playing near it.