- 25 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Fair
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyester—more resistant to ultraviolet light
- Ability to resist mildew: Fair
- Breaking strength: 1800 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 3-D fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kim C from Maryland
I think this Endurasoft is the ultimate in rope fencing. It is soft and easy to put up, lasts for years and years (I have some that is 20+ years old and still working great even with trees falling on it from tornado) and I am confident in its visibility. I have a horse who just had eye surgery and one eye has limited vision, yet he seemed to see this rope just fine. I have built many a fence, both permanent and temporary using this rope with little or no help and I am a 62 yo female. Just use the P-springs and you are good to go! Highly recommend!
Cynthia F from Illinois
I have used several types of fencing for my 28 horses. Each horse has its own 48x48 drylot. I have found this to be one of the best. Positives: Quick to install; easy to take down if needed; doesn't get hard scale deposits on it from the weather as I have found the high quality rope has done after just 2 seasons (which had cut my horses leg like wire), has very good conductivity. Soft to the touch. The longest I have had it up is for 4 years in 4 connecting drylots and found it to be very durable. I also have used it for pastures & only needed 2 strands to keep the horses where they need to be. Highly recommend.
Annette L from Arizona
I have been using Endura Soft for many years. It has held up well to the punishing Arizona sun. The horses see it easily, it is excellent at transmitting current, and if the horses do hit it, it doesn't hurt them the way wire fencing does. It is very easy to work with, you just need a good sharp scissors to cut it, it doesn't tear up the hands, and a woman can easily work with it without needing a man to pull it taunt. The roll I recently bought is for my neighbor that has horses and asked me to order it for him. He's a cowboy, but he is very impressed by the product after seeing how well it works for my horses, and wants to use it for his own horses. I didn't need to buy it to replace fencing I put up, it is holding up excellently for 15 years now.
Lisa T from Missouri
By far the best of the rope products. Very soft and easy to work with. Doesn't fray or break.
Barb K from Wisconsin
We use it on our permanent fences for horses. Easy for the horses to see, soft in your hands when installing, has lasted 11 years now. Conducts electricity well, and we have sandy soil. Our wide tape has outlived its lifetime so we're replacing it with more Endura Soft rope. It's easy to work with.