For permanent electric fences. Has 3 “cables” of twisted polyester strands into which 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined. Because it is made of polyester, EnduraSoft® 6.0 is soft to the touch and is more resistant to ultraviolet light than even the best polyethylene.
Very good conductivity (50Ω/1000 ft), so it’s suited for any length of fence line and nearly all energizers.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
Adding energized strands to any fence helps protect animals from a fence, and the fence from animals—because they won’t chew or rub against it.
|Size||6mm (1/4") diameter|
|Color||White / Black / White|
|Conductivity||50 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||3 tinned copper + 3 stainless steel|
|Non-conductive Filaments||Polyester (PES)|
|Visibility to Animals||Very Good|
|Ultraviolet (UV) Resistance||Excellent|
|Breaking Strength||1800 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||25 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals. (See recommendations below.)
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use a wind-up reel system to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect a fence energizer to a grounding system. Turn on energizer and confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 1-strand fence—34"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—46", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 3D anti-deer fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Seems to work.
Seth W from Nebraska
Fantastic product! Originally bought Endurasoft 5 years ago for our first horse pasture - when we added a second pasture this spring, we didn't even consider another product. Our original fence from 5 years ago still looks brand-new and we've had no issues with it (we've had trees fall on it - other than the post connector breaking, the fence line itself held). Very easy to install. We use 3 strands and the horses have never had an issue with it - the black/white visibility is great during the cold winter months and very easy to see in the summer too. Will continue to purchase in the future.
Peter D from CA
Very soft rope, easy to handle.
Rather low twist on the strands, so that some nodes form when one strand twists up on the other two.
Durability is TBD.
Susan S from Prince Edward Island/Manitoba
I have used this product in both locations, it stood up really well to the extreme cold and hot temps. in Manitoba. I use three strands for my horses and it is visible and so far no escapes OR injuries. I used electrobraid until I found this product but this is much nicer to use and install just hope it will last as long.
Debra C from Indiana
We just built permanemt fencing for our horses and love the Endurasoft. Easy to handle, easy to see, soft to the touch. We tied knots on the ends to stop the tendency to unravel. We have a lot of deer that come through and needed something resilient as well as a good shock deterrent for coyotes to protect our miniature horses. Love it!