For permanent electric fences. Has 3 “cables” of twisted polyester strands into which 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined. Because it is made of polyester, EnduraSoft® 6.0 is soft to the touch and is more resistant to ultraviolet light than even the best polyethylene.
Very good conductivity (50Ω/1000 ft), so it’s suited for any length of fence line and nearly all energizers.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
Adding energized strands to any fence helps protect animals from a fence, and the fence from animals—because they won’t chew or rub against it.
|Size||6mm (1/4") diameter|
|Color||White / Black / White|
|Conductivity||50 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||3 tinned copper + 3 stainless steel|
|Non-conductive Filaments||Polyester (PES)|
|Visibility to Animals||Very Good|
|Ultraviolet (UV) Resistance||Excellent|
|Breaking Strength||1800 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||25 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals. (See recommendations below.)
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use a wind-up reel system to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect a fence energizer to a grounding system. Turn on energizer and confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 1-strand fence—34"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—46", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 3D anti-deer fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jeannine E from Virginia
Well, it sure as heck is not electrobraid. A bit slippery (fasteners do not want o stay put. Be sure to buy some of those corkscrew pigtails. Helps immensely),
But, all that being said, the price is decent and boy, it sure can hold a charge. We'll see how long it lasts, but for the price I think it is going to be good.
Side note is I have fanced my entire pasture with this and electrobraid, pulling down high tensile I have horses). I could not be more pleased with that as a fencing solution. The horses totally respect it (with a good charger and good grounding, this thing pack a huge wallop) and you do not have to worry about storms or trees. I even had a tree fall on mine and the repair was painless and cost me nothing extra.
High;y recommended fencing solution.
Ralph S from Alabama
decided to try this instead of high tension wire. I'm very glad I did. this rope is soft, easy to install and seems to hold up very well. as said will unravel if you dont tape and melt but no big deal. I was told by some that it would untwist but it doesn't.Liked it so much I bought and used it a second time. Will continue to use it. Great product.
Robert B from South Carolina
The best product out there. Easy to install, great visibility and conductivity. Far superior to all the other ropes and tapes. I have used it on several occasions and what was installed 6 years ago looks just as good as what was just installed!
Endurasoft's black/white design is very easy to see, which will be great come winter. It was very easy to install, and easy to work with. We had a large cottonwood fall on the fence this fall, and the only thing that broke was the connector to the t-post. Fantastic product!
I've used endurasoft for 3 years now. It has held up wonderfully in a few bitter winters and even in some 90 mile winds we've experienced. I just reordered 2 more rolls. It is so easy to work with, nice to the hands and easy for even small women to handle. Thank you for a great product!