Wood Line Post Insulators
- Made of polyethylene with UV additive for extra long life.
- Spike is 1.5" long in which 3/4" of that is threaded.
- In very hard posts a 3/16" predrilled hole is required.
- They come prepackaged with 25 per bag, but sold individually.
- Pre-drill hole into wood post.
- Screw insulator completely into the post. (Tip: Use a screwdriver--slide the blade between the jaws of insulator and twist to screw in.)
With Wood Post Line Power Driver:
- Predrill holes in the wood post.
- Put bit end of Wood Line Power Driver into chuck of drill and tighten.
- Place power driver over the insulator line up with pin inside cup of driver.
- Insert the screw tip of insulator into the predrilled hole.
- Thread conductor through insulator.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jeannine E from Virgina
No recommended. Too soft. Pain to get in and impossible to remove
Susan P from PA
Very easy to use, but I've had the same problem with the plastic part spinning as Linda from Ohio.
Linda H from Ohio
Work Ok but not as sturdy as I had hoped. Make sure you drill a pilot hole that is the same diameter as the threaded portion. Don't try to get a tight fit with these. If you drill a pilot hole small enough to ensure a tight fit, the plastic part begins to turn on the metal portion when the metal pin gets tight. It also spins/slips when you try to remove it and redrill a larger pilot hole which means you have to destroy the plastic part to get it out and start over.