XtraCover Top Blade
This is the upper and moving portion of our XtraCover blade set. Available as a replacement.
Note: This top blade is included with every set of XtraCover blades.
How to Use
How to attach clipper blades onto your clipping machine.See instructions above.
Setting Tension for Clipping Head
- Remove the tension bolt assembly.
- Fit the blades on to the clipper head. The top blade will fit into the groove of the clipper head. The bottom blade should be placed over the comb pegs with the Premier logo visible. Screw the tension nut down hand-tight.
- Turn the tension nut back two turns.
- Oil the blades. Apply a few drops of oil at least every 3 min. to prolong blade sharpness and reduce friction and heating.
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
Sharpening and Cleaning
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing Machines
Premier 4000c Clipper Only (no blades)Item #828000 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$276.00
#10 White Clipping Oil, 4 oz bottleItem #258200 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$3.20
#10 White Clipping Oil, 1/2 gal. jugItem #258400 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$20.25
Premier Clipper/Shearer CaseItem #824000 -
This carrying case protects your clipping or shearing machine and accessories from damage. Internal pre-molded tray hold everything in place.$44.00
Premier Blade BoxItem #824605 -
Keep expensive blades clean, safe, lubricated and organized.$2.40
Clipper Machine SleeveItem #824608 -
Genuine leather sleeve to care for and enclose your Premier 4000c clipper machine.$16.00
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Janet P from Colorado
It was nice not to have to buy the whole set as I already had combs to go with it. The blade worked very well with my comb and shears. If you only need the blade then try buying just the blade. Saves you money! Thanks Premier!