Z Tag, One Piece Calf
Excellent first ear tag for calves. Proven superior retention. Self-piercing tip and flexible design resists snagging on wires or brush.
Z Tag One Piece Calf ear tags are available in your choice of 8 different colors. Easy insertion with the Z Tag Applicator.
Not Scrapie approved.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- 2-3/8" x 3-1/4"
- 25 ear tags per package
- UV-resistant plastic
- One-piece design prevents infection and promotes faster healing
- Insert tags using a Z Tag Applicator
- Tag colors are in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple and Red. Black not available.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with a Z Tag Marking Pen.
- Not Scrapie approved
FREE custom imprinting with your choice of consecutive numbers and your premise number/name. Ear tags with custom brands or logos have a one-time setup fee of $25 per design. Customized tags are usually shipped within 2 business days!
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
Note: Ear tags with custom brands or logos have a one-time setup fee of $25 per design. Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence is possible, but it takes much more machine time per tag. The cost is $2.50 per tag.
How to Use
Use the Z Tag Applicator to install the tags:
- Flip applicator pin up to tag loading position.
- Insert pin into tag.
- Straighten self piercing tip and push down onto pin. Make sure tag is fully seated on the pin before tagging.
- Rotate tag to the side. Flip the applicator pin down into tagging position.
- Tag through the front of the ear only. To apply tag, squeeze handles firmly together and hold closed.
- To remove applicator, pull straight down and away from the ear on one single motion. Do not release the applicator handles at any point during this step. When the applicator is pulled away from the ear, the pin automatically flips up to eliminate ripped ears and damage to the pin.
There is a spare pin located in the bottom of the handle.
Use a light lubricant on the applicator and pin to increase workability and guarantee long life.
When writing your own numbers with the Z Tag Marking Pen, be sure to apply two good coats of ink to allow maximum penetration into the tag panel. This process will guarantee longer lasting numbers.
Use the Z Tag Applicator to install the tags.
Do NOT use existing ear tag holes. Conventional two-piece ear tags damage and weaken the surrounding ear tissue; application of Z Tags in these existing holes could lead to lost tags. Z Tags have a sharp point, please exercise caution. For animals with soft ears (e.g. young calves) it is important to grasp the tip of the ear with a free hand and hold the ear taut to add support and ensure complete penetration of the tag tip through the ear.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Julie M from California
Had livestock tags made to inventory an orchard, and they made three sets of corresponding numbers exactly as I had specified. I even received a phone call to clarify, and it was appreciated.
Zachary C from Texas
They were very helpful on the phone and I received my package quickly.
Linda J from Texas
Wonderful customer service. Personal were on top of the order. Never had a problem
Wesley from Texas
Great product. Good price and quick delivery
Z tags a Great product! Put on several calves to wein still holding strong. Used tradition tag on other pasture and already have several broken off. I always tag both ears in case one does rip, no need with Z tag. Easy to operate after you get it positioned on the pin the 1st time