XtraCover Clipping Blade Set
- Meat & dairy goats
- Show pigs
- Blades come to you in our Premier Blade Box
- 0.25" cutting depth
- Leaves 300% more fiber length than a Fine blade
- Blades fit Premier's Clippers: 1000c, 3000c and 4000c
- Also fits Lister® clippers: Star, Stablemate®, Laser, Showman, Liberty, Legend
- Set includes the lower blade and top blade
- 24 teeth on lower blade
- 22 teeth on upper blade
Premier offers a resharpening service for all combs, cutters & blades. Use item #868800 for resharpening blade sets.
Premier Blade ExchangeOur offer—exchange a used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $33 (plus shipping). You save $17!
- How do you save $17 a set? You save $10 off a new blade set from Premier (they retail for $43) plus the $7 resharpening fee on the used blades.
- Must it be an exact upgrade? Fine blades for fine blades? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier Surgical, Fine, Medium or Coarse blade in any combination (i.e. a Premier Fine for a Lister Medium). Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $47 and XtraCovers will be $35.
- Why only Lister® blades? Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
- Note: We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- Premier blade sets fit: Premier's Clippers: 1000c, 3000c and 4000c. Also fits Lister® clippers: Star, Stablemate®, Laser, Showman, Liberty, Legend.
How to Use
How to attach clipper blades onto your clipping machine.See instructions above.
Setting Tension for Clipping Head
- Remove the tension bolt assembly.
- Fit the blades on to the clipper head. The top blade will fit into the groove of the clipper head. The bottom blade should be placed over the comb pegs with the Premier logo visible. Screw the tension nut down hand-tight.
- Turn the tension nut back two turns.
- Oil the blades. Apply a few drops of oil at least every 3 min. to prolong blade sharpness and reduce friction and heating.
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
Sharpening and Cleaning
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Luis G from Texas
Great product and fast shipping.
Rebecca B from New Mexico
BEST by far clipper blades we have found yet. We have tried many and none compare to these. Perfect for market goat clipping.
Amber S from Nebraska
Worked great for my first time clipping meat goats.
Love these blades...perfect for show cattle faces and necks as it doesn't shave to close. reasonably priced too.They are also great for clipping lambs the first time as they are not too tight...helps against mosquitoes and other biting insects.
Terry M from Texas
I like the length of cut I get. I just purchased the blades along with a new 4000c Clipper. I clipped 9 goats within about 2 1/2 hours the first time out. I did find they would leave slight rows in kids with a lot of kemp in their hair. I think that may be unavoidable since the blade is designed to leave a longer hair length. These kids had really long hair and I expect the results to be better the next hair cut.