Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Abigail K from Wisconsin
We started shearing our suri alpacas with the Phantom comb and Spitfire cutter. It was tricky to get the cutter in place until I realized that the prongs that hold the cutter in place pivot, at first I though the cutter wouldn't fit. We have never sheared on our own before and were cautious, but thought the machine performed beautifully. Nice clean cuts. We sheared two animals with the same cutter and comb without any noticeable dulling. Glad we purchased this shears and decided to handle the task ourselves.
Johnny P from Alberta
Great product,Great service,I ordered the 4000s and it was shipped to northern AB in 6 days.I had a professional shearer shear 2 sheep with it,he was impressed with the way it worked and it was still cool when he was done,not hot like one he used to shear with.Very good product for small flocks.I highly recommend it.
joe b from Minnesota
The 4000s shearers works really well
Leslie R from tennessee
I was extremely frustrated at first. Since the instructions said the blade tension was "factory set" I tried to sheer without adjusting and it just wouldn't cut. Keep trying to cut and continue to tighten until you get great results. They finally went through the wool like butter. The blades can get very sticky with lanolin and hot. I put the blade tips in a bucket of water while the unit is running. It cleans and cools at the same time. Be sure to oil frequently if you use this cleaning method. You can't oil too much! Awesome product!
Ryan B from California
. Nice and light. The switch is kind of akward and in the way.Much nicer than my old showmasters. Hard to adjust at first but once you learn them you never go back