Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
William H from Elverta California
Worked perfect right out of the case. Used on my granddaughters 4 H lamb. Easy to handle and clean. It works perfect for someone just learning, light weight and the smaller hand grip helps.
Daniel B from Oregon
A great machine for somebody that can't afford a professional drop-down machine & hand piece. I am a hobby-flock shearer, and these shears do awesome. I started out using the Spirit comb because of my lack of experience. They bound up a little in more matted wool. Now that I have more experience, I have switched to the Apache comb and now nothing seems to stops these shears.
Don't be fooled by reviews that say they won't push through matted wool or fecal tags. If you don't adjust the tension properly or have the wrong blades, you'll have problems. Tensioning issues have nothing do with the shears, but with the operator... it takes some practice to get it down, and it is the same on all forked shears.
Uta D from Germany
Even here in europe I must say it´s worth to invest in the transformer to use this machine!
Quiet, fast and light weighted.. I love her.
I am shearing alpacas and lamas.
The combs and cutters are best quality and good in price!
Wendy M from Louisiana
I bought these after my oster shearmasters gave up the ghost. I have a shearing business so I needed tough shears and these are awesome. I shear mainly alpacas and llamas these go though like butter. As with all new shears I had to a just the tension. I found it to very easy to work with and change blades. The part I love about them is the they're super light weight. The less stress on my shoulders the better.
Cynthia K from wa
Bought these for an event at our farm to demo sheep shearing. I had only worked with professional shears at the WA State Univ shearing school. I have Icelandic sheep and was not able to shear them with the 4000s shears. They locked up immediately or didn't cut (depending on the tension). I tried two different combs. Had three mechanical guys walk through the manual with me. I had an experienced shearer of Icelandics who had used the 3000 version of these shears try and they could not get the tension set correctly. Maybe I just got a bad set, but it was the weekend and no customer service available. I returned them and awaiting my refund to purchase hand shears and more of the fencing, which I love. Customer service has always been excellent.