Premier 4000c Clipping Machine
- Rarely slows down under load.
- Plows through fiber. Drives shear head with equal power.
- Motor is smaller in size, lighter in weight and shorter in length than any other large clipper.
- Slick shearing show sheep
- Clipping meat and dairy goats
- Shaving or peeling beef & dairy cattle
- Clipping llamas and alpacas
- Clipping horses
- Clipping show pigs
- Clipping ranch dogs
- They've also been used to cut imitation turf
Use with our large blade sets.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20° F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob.
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades.
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose.
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier.
- Includes 2 screws for attaching to motor.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
- Only 3 minutes to change a clipper head to shear head.
- Will drive Premier and Lister® clipper blades.
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Karissa S from Excellent pair of clippers!
We’ve waited a while to buy these because of cost. But I wish now we’d just gotten them sooner. They take a lot of stress and time off our kids when shaving their 4H goats for fair. They are loud yes. But they power through the clipping process like nothing we’ve ever used. Substantial and high quality. Fantastic product.
Lorah R from New York
5 stars all day!!! We shear a large amount of Llamas every year. In the past other clippers couldn’t keep up. These were awesome! Light weight, not nearly as loud as what other reviews said.
Ethan W from Iowa
These are by far the best clippers I have ever used! They are light weight and go through several types of wool. When I showed lambs for 4-H and FFA I used a different brand that never seemed to handle several lambs at a time, and I hate that I never found these until now. I used these for the first time and sheared 13 lambs with the surgical blade in 8 hours. I only had to use one blade set for all 13 lambs. They never got hot like some other brands that I have used and my hand didn’t cramp up either! They fit in my hands perfectly and I have smaller hands which was a concern for me. I wanted something powerful yet small and light weight that even a first timer could use. I would recommend these to anyone, experienced or not! Can’t say enough good things about these clippers
Deborah W from Illinois
Clippers were great! Easy to follow directions, not to heavy, noise didn't seem to be a problem for my horse. Made quick work of getting rid of her winter coat.
Melissa W from Florida
The clippers are excellent and performed beyond my expectations. My only complaint is that the “package” is not offered with a choice of medium blades or fine blades. If I had purchased the “package”, I would have ended up with blades that were not useful to me. As I had to purchase the medium blades, case and oil separate, which ended up costing approximately $50 more.