Q-flex® 1.5 Ear Tags
Durable ear tags for lambs, goats and small sheep breeds.
Larger and much more permanent than Qwik Tags.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1-9/10" x 3/5"
- 20 tags per package
- Polyurethane, 2-piece tag
- Insert tags using Q-flex, Pro or Allflex® applicators.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Linda C from Indiana
Tags arrived faster than I expected and were easy to administer with my existing Allflex tagger. Only wish they were a little longer if you’re writing a 6 digit number.
Anne T from Ohio
Ear tags for sheep, arrived perfect and no issues.
Laurel S from Montana
Ear tags were easy to order and came much faster than expected! The salesperson helping me did a wonderful job. I will purchase from Premier again when the need arises.
Robert K from Kentucky
Great product. They are the perfect size for tagging our newborn Shetland lambs. Most tags are just too big to use on Shetland lambs until they are at least a month old. These look good on lambs and adults.
Carolyn B from Ohio
Ordered ear tags for sheep. Ordering online was easy (I’m not tech savvy at all). I received my order in just a few days and the tags were exactly as represented. Will use Premier 1 again!