7X Ear Tags
Large readable cattle tags. Differ from many US cattle tags because the male is not a button. The tag is a double-panel so it is readable front or back. Available in "Tamper Evident" only.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order: See Customization information below. When ordering blank tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
- Size: 2-1/8" x 2-1/2" (male) and 2-1/8" x 3" (female).
- Made of plastic.
- 20 tags per package.
- Installs with applicator sold separately. (See Accessories tab above.)
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, Salmon, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint:
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 15 characters and 3 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands have a one-time setup fee of $15 per design.
- Imprint location—indicate male side, female side or both. We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page or in the Comments box on the Payment Options page during checkout.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order?
- Blank tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag, so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag. Please call Premier at 800-282-6631 to confirm your requirements.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our marking pens sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
Scrapie tagsWhen ordering, please enter the following information in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page:
- Your Flock ID number (we are not allowed to keep this on file).
- The range of the 4-5 digit individual animal numbers (i.e. 4501-4520 or 45001-45020).
- Male side of the tag has two lines for custom imprinting (individual animal ID number is not automatically added). Specify what you would like on the two available lines as Line 1:____ and Line 2:____. (This is a good place to add the individual animal ID and a farm name).
Scrapie tags not available in blue. Flock ID number is imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting tags in cold weather…
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Erlene L from Iowa
Excellent quality tags.
From birth to sale these tags hang in there.
Number stays clear and readable throughout.
Bonnie L from Wisconsin
Been using these tags for years and love them. I use them as name tags on the collars of my goats. I write their name on with the Allflex Tag Pen and it never wears off. I get 2 name tags out of each tag, attach them with split key rings or small zip ties. Because the goats chew on them, I'd prefer a little harder plastic, but most tags outlive the goats.
Bryce F from MN
These are great tags large enough to see at a distance and have had great luck with not losing tags. They are the perfect size to put in mature ewes or at weaning for replacement ewes and rams. Would like to see more color options though.
Larry B from Minnesota
The tags are big enough to read the numbers from a distance in the pasture, whether using the preprinted ones or using an Alflex marker on the blank tags.
We have had great luck so far with our 7X green eartags. We use them on our flock of 40 ewes. Easy to order and personalization looks nice. We have had issues with other brands of tags getting caught on gates/fence/feeders ect. But so far, our ewes havent had luck ripping these out.