7X Ear Tags
Large readable cattle tags. Differ from many US cattle tags because the male is not a button. The tag is a double-panel so it is readable front or back. Tamper-evident.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order: See Customization information below. When ordering blank tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
- 2-1/8" x 2-1/2" (male) and 2-1/8" x 3" (female)
- 20 per package.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, Salmon, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted: 1) Consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. 2) Up to 3 lines of 15 characters per male/female side.
- Can also handwrite on them with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie Approved.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint:
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 15 characters and 3 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands have a one-time $15 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location - male side, female side or both. Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 1-800-282-6631.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our Marking Pens.
Scrapie tagsWhen ordering, please enter the following information in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page:
- Your Flock ID number (we are not allowed to keep this on file).
- The range of the 4-5 digit individual animal numbers (i.e. 4501-4520 or 45001-45020).
- Male side of the tag has two lines for custom imprinting (individual animal ID number is not automatically added). Specify what you would like on the two available lines as Line 1:____ and Line 2:____. (This is a good place to add the individual animal ID and a farm name).
Scrapie tags not available in blue. Flock ID number is imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. NOTE: Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kirk P from Texas
Best tagging system on the market. Tags stay in, readable, and can get all your info on the tags.
Kevin T from Missouri
Great product. Poor packaging looked like kids packed it could use some dividers.
Rosey C from Texas
As advertised and delivered early. Highly recommend.
Rich B from Idaho
As always. Great quality products that arrive as advertised in a timely manner.
Exactly what I ordered.I had bought them before several years ago and those tags are still in place on grown cattle. I ordered more for newly purchased cattle and new calves. Bought yellow, blue and red. Can read numbers and letters on yellow the best but with numbers on front and back of the tags this makes reading easy no matter what color & direction you are looking from. Received my order quickly and was exactly what I ordered. Great product for the money. I would recommend them and have recommended them to family.