ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Multi-purpose hand shears for pruning flowers and shrubs.
- Approximate Sizes: Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- Note: ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Judy B from Missouri
Love, love, love these trimmers! I have been through a lot of different brands of hoof trimmers in my many years raising Boer goats. I can say with some authority--and I don't work for Premier--that these are the BEST trimmers I've ever used. They grip the hoof better and I can trim better. In fact, I purchased 2 pairs to give to two friends of mine because I wanted to make their chore of hoof trimming a little easier. Look no further--buy these trimmers.
Lorrie P from Alaska
These are the only trimmers to own!
Vicki P from Wisconsin
Excellent cutting, sharp and precise even on thick hooves. Great size for woman's smaller hands.
Karissa S from Washington
I don't know why I didn't buy these sooner. I was about ready to sell our Saanen because trimming her thick hoovers had become such a bear. These allowed my small hands to quickly trim all four hooves. Quick is key for her because she has weak pasterns and can't do without one food for more than a minute or so. So thankful to have found these!
Anna R from Vancouver Island, BC
We have been trimming our goat's hooves with rose cutters, because they are small enough to be comfortable to handle, but they leave something to be desired in the sharpness area. We finally bit the bullet and bought the above trimmers - WOW! What a difference! Very sweet to use, manageable size and very sharp, with a secure grip. We will likely be investing in another pair soon. Well worth the cost!