ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Multi-purpose hand shears for pruning flowers and shrubs.
- Japanese steel blades are 1 3/4" long
- The sturdy plastic handle measures 3.5" in length
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Rounded blade tips
- Note: ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David D from Texas
I have owned the standard trimmers for about two years now and have been very satisfied with the performance. They stay sharp and slice through the tough hoof on my Boer buck. I recently bought the serrated trimmers and can honestly say that they are an improvement over the standard DXR. The serrations bite into the hoof material keeping them from slipping and sliding off the hoof during the cutting operation. This reduces fatigue and allows me to concentrate on making a more precise cut. My goats constantly jerk their rear feet when trimming and the serrations help keep the trimmer in place. These trimmers look like they will last a lifetime. Don’t forget the glove on the hand holding the hoof. Once again an excellent product from the folks at Premier.
jennifer F from INDIANA
LOVE THESE SERRATED TRIMMERS BEST PURCHASE I HAVE MADE SO FAR. NO PROBLEMS EASY TO USE FITS MY HAND WELL. MAKES TRIMMING GOAT HOOVES A BREEZE. WILL NEVER USE FARM STORE TRIMMERS AGAIN.
Hugh R from Maine
Serrated clippers playing to rave reviews. Flockmaster did 30 sheep with a single pair.
Doug N from iowa
Awesome! best hand trimmers ever! have used on old rams ewes goats and lambs.
James T from Virginia
I just bought these and they are working well so far and after 30 goats are still sharp. Only time will tell if they perform over the long term