ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Meg H from Maine
Really great hoof trimmers for goats. Perfect size for my hand and easy to cut and trim their feet. Super sharp and sturdy as well.
Dawn J from Michigan
I was very happy with the performance of these trimmers. I am experiencing arthritis pain in my hands and really appreciated the ease of operation. I did not have to apply hard force, these trimmers cut through my sheep and goats hooves like butter! thanks for providing a very high quality product.
Charles S from Florida
Great quality hoof trimmers, it never pays to skimp on tools and I've never regretted spending a little more for the ARS trimmers.
Minda W from Southeast Colorado
These are the best clippers I've found. We have Boer goats and very dry weather as a rule, making for tough, tough hooves. These trimmers cut right through a hard hoof, and the blades don't slip or spread. Love them!
Terri A from Texas
Absolutely the best hoof trimmers I've ever used and I've raised dairy goats for the past 9 yrs. I agree w/the other reviewer who said they cut right through hard, dry, summer hooves like butter, even the older bucks! Great product worth every penny spent. Thanks Premier1 for offering such a quality trimmer.