ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I have owned these for just a short time, but I have used a number of different trimmers over the 30+ years I have raised goats. They are by far the best I have used for trimming hard dry hooves. At first I missed having the more pointed tips of the pair that I last used, but I quickly learned that the exceptional cutting abilities of the ARS makes up for the difference. And I agree that the rounded tips make them safer to handle.
Not only do these trimmers stay sharp, They can lay on top of the goatworker for months and will not rust. These trimmers will outlast 5 pairs of the of the cheaper brands. I begged Stan to stock these.
These hoof cutters are the best I`ve ever owned. This is the second pair I`ve purchased so I`ll have a spare when the first pair I bought needs to be sharpened. The first pair is at least a year old, and I have used them on my billies, as well as my doe`s, and they are still sharp. Well worth the money.
The best hoof trimmers! These are so much better than the regular green or orange handled trimmers that they are well worth the price. They cut hooves (even hard summer hooves) like butter, and they maintain their sharpness longer than the others.