Bravo Feed Grinder
- For grinding corn and other grains into more manageable sizes for livestock.
- Useful for producing small batches or mixing home blends of feed.
- Produces a coarsely ground flour for baking.
- 110v (cord length: 4 ft 6 in)
- 1.2 HP motor. 900 watts.
- Start-up draw 23.5 amps, working under load draw 9.47 amps.
- The bin for storing grain prior to grinding measures 17" x 19".
- The lower portion of the bin where the grain sits before processing measures 10-1/2" x 9-1/2".
- The base is 16-1/4" off the ground.
- The opening where the processed grain drops out is 6-1/2" x 2-3/4".
- 110v allows it to be powered by any normal house outlet, no need for the installation of a 220v outlet.
- Save on the cost of the feed store mixing feed, make it at home the way your animals like it.
- Portable, only 30 lbs and can moved to where its needed when its needed.
- With the 1mm sieve (sold separately above) you can grind and mix your own flour.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
See the Data Tab above for a Replacement Parts Diagram.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joe M from North Dakota
This is a great product to make up your own feed on a small scale.
Elissa M from Kansas
We received our grinder today. Some comments that may be of help to others:
1) The box is well packed to begin with from the manufacturer, but Premier takes the extra step of ensuring no damage in shipping by adding extra packing materials and a sturdy shipping box. Nicely done, guys!
2) I was dreading opening the box up tonight and dealing with some foreign instructions that made no sense. What a pleasant surprise to find out that there were only three screws needed to install the legs, three rubber feet to push on to the legs and you are ready to grind (unless you want a different screen size)
3) Ground 50lbs tonight. Considering what it is doing, I found it very quiet. The hopper is plenty big enough for our needs, and the spring-loaded bucket is fabulous as it ensures a near dust-free grinding experience.
4) I wish I had not wasted so much time attempting to grind with different methods. The price point is very good value for money and I am confident that it will last a long time.
Barry C from Maryland
I have a friend that only feeds fresh ground grains. I thought bagged organic was good stuff. But what do i know I have not tasted it. Well I got some of her fresh ground to give to a group of day old chicks. They have free choice for both kinds of feed. Well they inhaled the fresh grains and will only go to the bagged at last resort. Now every time I put down fresh ground they stampede to the feeder and totally ignore the bagged. So for a little effort every few days I grind a batch and have very happy chickens. - BTW there is a certified organic grain mill in Anneville PA for whole grains
I searched for several days looking for a grinder. After asking around on a list serve group I learned that a friend has had this unit for over a year. Bottom line - it works and nothing comes close in this price point
Judging from the lit in the box this is the mid-line model made by this German company.
The upper right knob is a bit longer and makes contact with the on/off switch. Make sure that is in correctly and you will not have any issues.
Love the way the receiving bucket has a spring loaded lid. It makes positive contact with the bottom outlet. This helps to reduce dust and grain from getting everywhere.
If you are making feed for day old chicks the smallest sieve will do
Since we have to change sieves often to grind for different size chickens I do hope the threads hold up over the long haul.
Make sure the hopper is closed before starting or the motor is going to bind. If that happens - unplug the grinder, open the front panel and dump the grains out. Put it back together, plug in and Do Over :-)
Brice A from Nebraska
This is the perfect grinder for any farmer with a small scale operation. My animals prefer the fresh ground feed. It works perfectly everytime. Super fast shipping at a reasonable rate. Thank you Premier and thanks to the other reveiwers for their honest recomendations.
Kristin S from Tennessee
This is a wonderful hammermill and a real boon to the small farmer. Thanks to Premier for importing it. We used it daily for nearly 10 months and it works beautifully!
The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it needs a 2 or 3 mm screen. We grind for milk cows and chickens and feed barley and soft winter wheat, among other grains. The barley and wheat are small enough to fall through the 4 mm screen whole. So a 2 or 3 mm screen is really needed for these smaller cereal grains. I do not want to grind flour and so the 1 mm would be too fine.
I've already recommended this to two other farmers who have purchased it in recent months.