Förster Technik® ECO Lamb Feeder
New! Automate your lamb feeding. The ECO Lamb Feeder mixes milk replacer and water to supply up to 240 orphan lambs and goat kids with uninterrupted feed.
Baby animals determine their own feed intake, the same as they do under natural conditions, to ensure healthy growth.
- Easy to operate machine
- Feeds milk replacer at a consistent ratio and optimal temperature
- Semi-automatic cleaning cycle
- Saves time and labor vs. manual feeding
- Height adjustable teats are suitable for all ages
- Rounded hopper reduces bridging/clogging of milk powder
- Fly screen prevents insects and other barn debris from entering mixing bowl
- Electronic push button panel is easy to use and clearly organized
- Adjustable milk/water ratio adapts to all milk replacer brands
- Portion counter allows shepherds to monitor consumption
- Gravity flow reservoir system; no running water required
- Daily cleaning takes only minutes; includes water pistol for clearing hoses
Estimated Shipping Cost for ECO Lamb Feeder
- Dimensions: 25"L x 20"D x 44"H
- Rating: 220/240 volts, 15 amp draw, 3300 watts
- 8 ft electric cord requires installation of a 220V plug (not included)
- 8 lamb/kid latex long nipples (item #80005) with 8 adjustable height brackets
- 6 feet of nipple tubing for up to 8 feeding stations
- Stainless steel hopper (75 lb capacity) for milk powder
- Non-pressurized water system; connect to an external reservoir, not directly to a hydrant
- Quick start guide
- Operating manual
- Made in Germany by Forester Technik
How to Use
- Set nipples a few inches above the level of the milk in the mixing bowl.
- Inset nipples using included mounting brackets to reduce chewing from lambs/kids and barn cats.
- Clean the unit regularly. Scrub the mixing bowl with a bottle brush and dish soap. Make sure all soap residue is rinsed before commencing the milk cycle.
- Must be kept from freezing. Some build an insulated box and/or install a heat lamp.
Install the protective grating on the top section of the powder hopper before filling the hopper. The protective grating MUST be secured prior to operating the unit.
High calcium, iron and manganese concentrations in the water source may cause premature wear of the components. Install filtration systems as necessary.
Lambing and Kidding AidsItem #622330 -
Complete feed for goat kids from the second day of life through to weaning. High-protein, non-medicated formula promotes early health and growth.$84.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
We like this machine for its ability to easily adjust time and temperature settings with accuracy. This includes the amount of milk powder and water dispensed, temperature of the water, and the amount of time the mixer blade is operating. The cylindrical hopper eliminates bridging, so more of the powder is used before refilling. The hopper is also transparent, so it’s easy to see when more milk replacer is needed.
We’ve found that our orphan animals do really well on this machine. The milk stays warm in the mixing bowl (but not the tubes leading to the nipples.) This reduces gorging since lambs and goat kids have access to warm milk at all times.
We don’t like the cost. It’s expensive! We’ve also had a few issues with insects and rodents around the mixing bowl once the rubber seal wears out.