Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3 ft
- 3 ft
- 1/2" diameter
- Has a head on one end
How to Use
Use ground rods for:
- Energizers—allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released (use 3 ft rods for smaller energizers and lightning diverters. Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach insulated wire, make a elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the stainless steel ground rod clamp around it. Tighten.
Use connecting pins for:
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Rebecca H from Oregon
No problems, works well. Using the hole in it and a stainless steel clamp makes attaching it to the ground wire fast and solid.
These are essential for me to use during our long dry summers for grounding. I also use them to stake down movable sheep shelters.
I started with the t grounding rods but they always end up breaking after a year or so of use and I have to get them re-welded. The cost is better for these, But I have to grind the flat bottoms into a point and put a large nail through the hole at the top in order to have a handle to pull them out.
William W from Masschusetts
Perfect for temporary ground rods. A little harder to pull out of the ground without the T handle but no breaking the T handle driving them in.
Sister M from New Hampshire
Heavy duty and easy to use!
Nancy C from Michigan
Good and heavy duty. I've used cheap rods and scrap metal re-rod before and they haven't held up to sheep bashing. I have these for both orphan Headgates and creep gates and they have never failed or bent. Great value. Highly recommend.