Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3 ft
Ground rods are essential for all energizers and lightning diverters.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
This pin can also be used to attach gates, panels, orphan headgates and creep feeder gates.
- Galvanized, will not rust or corrode
- 3 ft
- 1/2" diameter
- Has a head on one end
How to Use
Use ground rods for:
- Energizers—allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released (use 3 ft rods for smaller energizers and lightning diverters. Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach insulated wire, make an elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the stainless steel ground rod clamp around it. Tighten.
Use connecting pins for:
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mark B from Iowa
Easy to drive into the ground.
Steve S from Tennessee
First, the customer service on the phone was outstanding. Unfortunately I can’t remember her name. She was professional and extremely helpful. I ordered online a 42 inch electric fence starter kit with 3 foot grounding rod and a set of clips to connect the energizer to the fence and rod. It had been a few days and I had not received an e-mail telling me it shipped. I called and gave her my P.O. Number and she said it was out of stock. Told me they had 48”, which was perfect because that’s what I wanted to start with but, the computer said they were on back order. So she made the change and told me that the clips come with the kit. She saved me several dollars. It shipped the next day. Received in two days and couldn’t be happier with this kit. I set it up according to the instructions and the tester tells me it is hitting 10,000 volts. I won’t be losing anymore of my chickens to land predators! Highly recommend this product to anyone needing to protect their animals or garden. Thanks Premier 1!
Michael K from Pennsylvania
Good grounding rod. Nice wide head for hammering into this rocky ground.
Carey S from Maryland
Appears to work great, only issue I see is that the end you drive into the ground is not pointed... it’s flat... took a decent effort with a mallet to drive it into soil. Recommend a pointed tip to make insertion easier.
Debby R from New Hampshire
So simple, but so effective.