Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3 ft
- 3 ft
- 1/2" diameter
- Has a head on one end
How to Use
Use ground rods for:
- Energizers—allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released (use 3 ft rods for smaller energizers and lightning diverters. Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach insulated wire, make an elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the stainless steel ground rod clamp around it. Tighten.
Use connecting pins for:
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Carey S from Maryland
Appears to work great, only issue I see is that the end you drive into the ground is not pointed... it’s flat... took a decent effort with a mallet to drive it into soil. Recommend a pointed tip to make insertion easier.
Debby R from New Hampshire
So simple, but so effective.
Lynda A from Virginia
Claudia C from California
Rebecca H from Oregon
No problems, works well. Using the hole in it and a stainless steel clamp makes attaching it to the ground wire fast and solid.