Heat Lamp Bulbs
Smooth glass infrared bulbs for use in heat lamps. (2) bulbs per package.
Heat Lamp Bulbs that last!
- Red or clear, 175 watt and 250 watt options
- “Never-loose” base! (See details below.)
- Provides 6 months of non-stop life
If a “never-loose” base becomes loose or broken, we'll replace it for FREE!
- The base breaks away from the glass bulb because the high temperature causes the cheap adhesive to degrade.
- The glass degrades (due to the heat).
- Both glass and filament are so fragile that minimal impact shatters them.
Premier’s Smooth Glass Infrared Bulbs, by intent and design, address all 3 of these issues. When used properly with a Prima Heat Lamp, we guarantee:
- 6-month non-stop life.
- “Never-loose” base! Our bulbs don’t use cement adhesive. Instead, the base screws into the bulb. A weld of solder holds the base onto the threads. In other bulbs, heat can cause the cement to lose its adhesive property. The base then breaks away from the bulb.
If a never-loose base ever becomes loose under normal use, we will replace at no cost! Contact us for FREE replacement.
- 175 watt or 250 watt
- Red or clear smooth glass
- Sold/priced in packages of two
- Turn off (unplug) heat lamps when not in use.
- Use a ThermoCube to turn the lamp on/off based on ambient temperature.
- Carry the lamps with care. This reduces damage to the bulb. Don’t carry multiple lamps by the cord allowing them to “bang around.”
- Don’t hose off or power-wash the lamp when the bulb is in place.
- Don’t enclose the lamp. Heat will build up and degrade both the lamp and the bulb.
- To reduce pecking among your birds, use a red colored bulb.
Mild deformation due to over-tightening makes it difficult to screw bulbs in and out of the fixture. Major deformation due to over-tightening can flatten the metal so much that the bulb can actually fall out.
Never lay a heat lamp (of any make or model) on straw or any other flammable surface—for any length of time.
Do NOT use heat lamps in confined spaces or barrels for warming livestock. The heat needs to be able to move away from the lamp.
It’s important to prevent adult animals from abusing (bashing, butting, etc.) the lamp fixture. When this happens, the bulb and fixture are at risk of damage. In mixed pens with mothers and babies, we take extra steps to protect the lamps from the adults (e.g. creep pens and/or lamp guards).
Pressed glass (PAR) bulbs are stronger, but because of their weight, they are more prone to separating from the base when repeated jostling occurs. Smooth glass bulbs shatter more easily when jostled, but are less likely to separate from the base.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Suzanne L from Virginia
These are brighter and warmer then any other light bulbs I have bought in the past locally.
Cassie A from Illinois
I have yet to find a better heat bulb! I have ordered these every year so I have backups, and they last better than any bulb I’ve tried! Most bulbs are not okay with daily turn off during “in-between” season when only the nights get cold. These bulbs do great and don’t blow. I love them. Usually, the bulbs last all winter long when they’re on 24hrs a day also. Just a wonderful product all the way around! Absolutely worth the money!
Norma R from Alabama
The only lights I trust around the precious lives, to keep them safe and warm.
Tonya T from Texas
Great heat lamps! They last so much longer than the others that I have purchased.
Jennifer S from Idaho
Maybe I got a bad bulb—I haven't tried the others in my shipment—but the 250W is not hot enough to keep my goat kids warm enough. It was cool enough that I could handle the 'hot' bulb with my bare hands. I switched it out for a cheap, feed-store bulb (same wattage) and it's much, much hotter.
The glass is heavier and thicker than cheaper bulbs and the base is well-attached, so I gave it two stars instead of one. It seems like it should hold up long term.
I'll update this review if I find any of the other bulbs to be adequately warm.