Heated Poultry Waterer
New design! Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- Supplied with 6 horizontal nipples. Replacement nipples sold under accessories tab above
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Stephanie M from Iowa
I already own and love the previous version of this heated waterer, but the upgrades are sooo much better, especially the hanging feature & detachable cord. The only suggestion I would make would be a way to check the water level without removing the lid. Worked great to -9°F, and I’m certain will go much lower.
Kim M from Iowa
I LOVE this waterer—it does not leak, water stays clean, does not freeze and it holds 3 gallons of water. LOVE!
Vicki J from California
I was very impressed when I opened these. They look very well made. I like that they are insulated as well. I haven't had them very long, but so far so good. No frozen water. They hold a lot so I do not have to be lugging water every single day. Come summer I can add ice to them as well to keep the water cold. I like the removable plug so it can be stored for summer and I like how tight the lid closes and can be carried. I also like how it has the horizontal nipples so I can sit the waterer on top of a bucket instead of hanging it. Thanks for making a great product.
Diane W from Minnesota
After having chickens for 17 years and being VERY frustrated with the available waterers, I FINALLY got one that I really like. The nipples prevent them from pooping into their water; it has little guards to catch drips (my other nipple waterer dribbled all day all over the floor); it's heated; it's made of plastic, so NO RUSTING (galvanized steel rusts very easily; WHY MAKE A WATERER OUT OF SOMETHING THAT RUSTS VERY EASILY??? I shook my head over that one for years!) and the plastic is thick enough that one little bump in frigid temps doesn't crack it (had that happen to me - twice); AND it's REALLY easy to fill and carry! YOU NAILED IT! I'm so happy! Thank you!!!
Tracy B from Illinois
So far I love it! Didn’t take very long for the chickens to figure it out and I love the removable lid so I don’t have to turn the water over to set down. Also the removable cord is great so I can still use it in the warmer weather! Fast delivery also!