Heating Plates for Chick Brooders
- Extra Small:
- Keeps up to 15 chicks warm
- 15 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 10" x 10"
- Keeps up to 20 chicks warm
- 22 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 12" x 12"
- Keeps up to 30 chicks warm
- 42 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 16" x 16"
- Keeps up to 50 chicks warm
- 66 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 16" x 24"
- Height of all sizes adjusts from 1.5" to 6" by adjusting the yellow legs
- ABS plastic
- Cord length: 70"
- 1 year warranty
Use a Dial-A-Temp to allow control of Premier's Heating Plates output between 105°F to 125°F.
Heating plate advantages over a heat lamp:
- Uses much less electricity. Only 22 watts (66 for the larger plate) vs 175 or 250 watts for a heat lamp.
- Less risk of fire because of the much lower surface temperature (125°).
- A hen keeps chicks warm beneath a heat source. So does a heat plate.
The rugged plate cover (optional) prevents older chicks from perching on top and fouling the unit with droppings. However, the plate can be hand-washed to remove dust and debris.
How to Use
Height adjustment is important. As the chicks grow, use the adjustable legs to increase the height of the plate above the bedding and chicks.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Bonnie Y from Ohio
I bought the large heating plate with cover this past spring. I used the brooder plate for a couple days in my indoor brooder area. Then I moved it outside in my moveable meat chicken pen on pasture. It was kind of pain to move the brooder plate each day to move the pen, but other than that, I am very impressed with the brooder plate. We started with 49 cornish rock crosses and when we butchered them at 12 weeks, we had 49 cornish rock crosses to put in the freezer. We did not lose one bird which is darn near impossible to do with Cornish Rock crosses especially on pasture. I also used the brooder plate for some laying pullets and some turkeys. I wish I would have had one of these years ago. Great product and it saves a lot of money on elecricity to and I don't have to replace brooder bulbs each year. five stars I may even buy another one.