HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
Updates for the Large Nesting Box (does not apply to Medium boxes), April 2020:
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night.
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Comes with a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box.
Large Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens throughout the day.
Medium Nesting Box
- 24"L, 20"W 21"H
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day.
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to corrosion and wear.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Large nesting box features a hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
- Metal construction does not rot.
Only the Large unit arrives with the hinged back, wide nest pad and nesting egg. These features are not included in the Medium box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ian M from Missouri
Well constructed. I waited till all the bolts were in and started before tightening them down. I didn’t have any alignment issues. There were two holes on the bottom that were absent. All else was as it should be.
Javier A from California
All though good quality, many of the pre-drill spots DID NOT match and when I called to make sure I will NOT lose my life warranty if I had to make new holes to match and be able to put it together, I was told that they can exchange the unit! Never answered my question or gave a solution that was practical. I did not have the time to re-package, "who would pay for shipping back?" and then, have another unit sent with NO guarantee this new unit will be made properly!
Lisa F from California
Products and service are exceptional.
Ross F from Missouri
Had to re-drill 3 holes that would not align. The box does not include a back. If would be nice to know before ordering.
Dan P from Michigan
The hen box had several defects, the grating was bent (Part #G) so I had to bend back by hand. One of the bolts for panel assembly clashed with the grating while inserting the grating so we had to press pretty hard to get the grating into position.
I had to supply and use my own hardware nuts for the 5/16" bolts for the egg cover (#D) to work as the width of the lid (#D) was greater than (#l) with the nylock nuts at the hinge points where the 5/16" bolts are inserted and connected to (#I). I shaved about 1/16" off each but using my own hardware which was just enough to get the lid (#D) into position on the the 5/16" bolts inserted into (#D).
Another issue was the eggs wouldn't role out under the cross support (#J) as the design has it too low, had to raise and modify myself.
There wasn't enough bolts for all the panels (short by 1). Overall I am very disappointed in your manufacturer!!! There is a gap in quality control, you add a fancy CAD presentation but didn't use any of the features of CAD for clash detection or use the measurements from design in the manufacturing process.
The hard-earned money I spent compared to the amount of modifications is disappointing. Although I am able to fix everything myself I wanted to share the issues so you will fix. This is not a difficult design or product to build but it looks like the manufacturer is cutting corners. Get it together or get a different manufacturer! So based on out of the box I give it 2 star, haven't put it into service yet.