HenGear Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens (throughout the day, not all at once)
- Galvanized metal construction
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security for the hens.
- Removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement.
- Metal construction does not rot.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David H from Wisconsin
I've been using this for a couple weeks now and my initial impressions are positive. I like how clean the eggs are, and I'm no longer losing eggs to egg eaters. We only have a handful of birds laying currently so until our pullets come of age I don't have a good sense of how it will perform with a larger flock yet.
Assembly wasn't too bad but I'm dinging it a star because some of the spaces you need to thread a nut in are really tight, and my hands aren't overly big for an adult male. Also, while most of the edges are smooth, the edges of the U-channel metal pieces that hold the rollaway floor are pretty sharp, I had several nice cuts by the time I was done.
I had one of my kids help me hold the initial couple pieces together and it took me about two hours to assemble and get mounted outside. The mounting is really easy, no need to hold a heavy contraption up while screwing it in like the video shows. It now comes with some brackets kind of like oversized picture frame hangers - screw those in on a level line and then the top edge of the nest box's back just hooks right on.
If I remember, I'll try and update once we have a more actively laying flock. We'll have about 30 layers going into the winter. Right now I only have 10 mature hens.