HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
Fall 2020 improvements (Large Box only):
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night.
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box.
Large Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens throughout the day.
Medium Nesting Box
- 24"L, 20"W 21"H
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day.
Made in the USA.
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to corrosion and wear.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Large nesting box features a hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
- Metal construction does not rot.
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws, use a threadlocker to prevent this.
Only the Large unit arrives with the hinged back, wide nest pad and nesting egg. These features are not included in the Medium box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Shirley L from North Dakota
My hens started eating eggs so I wasn't getting any at all. I decided to try the HenGear nesting box and now am getting plenty of eggs! The only problem I am having now are two hens are staying in the box and have figured out how to keep eggs under them. Those two will have to be moved out for a while and either let them have eggs to hatch or break the broody cycle. I definitely recommend this nesting box!
Nathanael S from Illinois
Durable with great features, and cleaner eggs!
Chad M from Iowa
Works great to keep the eggs clean. We have 48 chickens and there is just a bit of poo in where the eggs are. But much better than the other nesting boxes we had.
Greg C from Nebraska
So far the hens are getting used to the new nesting box, and it is now clear we had some egg eaters before. Easy set up and fast delivery.
Sabrina L from Ohio
This is perfect! I had to modify it just a little to attach to the outside of my coop, but the simple design allowed for it. It works AMAZING! Fast delivery and excellent service! Recommend to every chicken owner.