- 5 years probable life*
- Use for: Portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 2.25mm (12g/.09") diameter
- Portability: Excellent
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Fair
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 240 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of twine to terminal insulator.
- Unroll twine along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert twine in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the Notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie twine to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave it on the reel and attach to end post.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store twine. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels™ are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$62.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Stanley/rachel R from Nebraska
We have tried both intelliRope and IntelliTwine and have found the IntelliTwine is easier to move since more fits on a spool. The conductors are very good in the twine. We make our own stainless springs to connect the twine like are available for the rope. Much easier to make splices and connect and disconnect then knots. Not sure why they are not sold here.
The rope is more visible, and may last longer, but also costs more. Both are very good products.
Caprine F from Indiana
I have tried other twines but this is the best I have found.
John R from Colorado
In conjunction with racoon netting, I ran a single-strand like across the top of a wooden fence to keep furry climbers away from my grapevines. Simple to use and it works like a charm.
Jason E from Tennessee
This is by far the best poliwire on the market for the price! I have used lots of other brands but this poliwire carry more current and last much longer than the cheaper store brands. I run miles of this stuff every year to divide pasture and its so much easier to repair and reuse than any wire.
Robert K from Texas
I can't believe this simple twine will stop the cows from coming up to my pool to drink. But it does!! They will stand there looking longingly at the pool but not come any closer than a couple yards. And it is so easy to install. I was concerned that I would have difficulty installing an electric fence, since I knew absolutely nothing about it, but this was a breeze. Had it up and working in just a matter of hours. What I like most is you can hardly see the twine. If it were not for the standards (I used fiber rods) you would not be able to see it from a distance. My neighbor, who has a fence with solid wire, saw mine and immediately asked where I had got it so he could change his (which is pretty ugly).