Kube 4000 Energizer
The Kube 4000 plug-in unit is economic and wide-impedance. That means it produces unusually high pulse outputs in fences over dry soils. It performs better than standard low-impedance units during dry/snowy seasons and on fences for deer, poultry and goats.
It's proven, over the past 5 years, to offer reliability and excellent value.
|Energizer Only||Plug-in Kit*|
|Kube 4000 Energizer||✔||✔|
|(1) Ground Rod (galvanized)||6 ft|
|(1) Ground Rod Clamp||✔|
|MaxiShock Insulated Cable||100' roll|
- 3 miles of 3 strand cattle fence
- 1 mile of 5-7 strand sheep fence
- 15 rolls of 164' sheep/goat nets and 7 rolls of 164' PoultryNet
- Requires a grounding system. Inadequate grounding is the most common failure in an electric fence system. We recommend 6 ft. of grounding for this energizer, included in the kit.
- 2.30 released joules
- 2.30 joules in moist soils
- 1.24 joules in dry soils
- Pulses per minute: 40
- 110V draw is 4.5 watt per hour
- Impedance type: wide – pulse type
- Input: AC only
- 6' cord
- Modular. Very easy to repair.
- Connect insulated cable (stripped back 1 - 2" on ends) to the fence terminal on energizer, run the cable to the fence line and connect.
- Then run a second length of cable from the ground terminal (with ends stripped again) on the energizer to the ground rod.
- Secure to ground rod with a clamp.
- Plug the energizer directly into an outlet and test fence. Do not use an extension cord as it may cause a decrease in voltage and expose the unit to the elements.
- Unit indicator light should flash and a tic-tac sound will be heard. If the indicator light doesn't flash, then the unit should be serviced.
To Reduce Risk & Liability
- Never place your head or upper spine near an electrified wire. Accidental head or neck contact can occur when pushing a voltage probe into the soil. Be careful when doing so to avoid head-to-wire contact!
- Never attempt to step over or climb through an energized fence of any kind.
- Never encourage anyone to touch an electric fence.
Start by measuring the voltage at the end of the fence line. If the voltage is below 3000V, follow these steps to determine if the problem is with the fence, or the energizer.
Test the energizer first!
- Turn off the energizer.
- Disconnect the wires going to the fence and ground stake/rod.
- Turn the energizer back on.
- Measure the voltage on the energizer between the two terminals (positive and negative) with a digital voltmeter or other high-voltage tester. Touch one end to “-“ (earth terminal) and the other end to “+” (fence terminal). The reading tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables.
- If the tester reads below 5000V, then the energizer (or possibly the battery) is the problem. If the voltage is above 5000V, then the trouble lies with your fence.
If the fence is at fault:
- Conductors touching another wire, steel post or the soil
- Broken or damaged insulators
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Roger H from Iowa
Third one I have purchased as we added more livestock and are confronted with a drought requiring additional runs of fence. Never had one fail in several years of continuous use!
Robert T from Wisconsin
Works great in my dry sandy soil, much better than the farm store one I replaced. Have had no issues with calves out or fences to mend.
James M from Louisiana
Great product, excellent German built charger. Simple easy installation.
William/Sarah P from Georgia
Excellent! We are in a severe drought. Works great. I use aluminum wire. About 2 miles worth and I get a full 7,000 volts.
James C from California
Kube 4000 Energizer is an exceptional product. The wide impedance is an impressive technology. I received it in the mail and quickly connected to my present electric fence configuration. When I tested it to several places on my electric fence, it delivered impressive voltage readings. I feel very comfortable that my animals, fowl, and property are protected from the predictors that roam our area. Thank you Premier 1 for selling this product.