Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 18mm (.7" dia) - for large roosters, pkg 50
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John G from South Dakota
Just like other reviewers, I order the smallest band and it is way to big for my Bobwhite quail. Note to self—-read the reviews next time before ordering.
William E from North Carolina
Initial reaction is very positive. Bands were delivered in a timely manner and appear to be a quality product.
Leslie B from Oregon
I got the smallest sized band they offered. They were labeled for quail. I have jumbo quail and while the band looked like it was a good fit when on, it fell right off the first time the bird put its toes together.
Ryan S from Texas
Easy to put on and stays there.
Michelle L from Washington
The clips go on easily and so far have stayed on with no issues. The colors are easy to see without being overly obvious. I did notice that they were a tad snug on our Barred Rock, which are the largest birds we have. All the smaller birds (Golden Sexlink, Ameracauna, Wyandotte, Brown Leghorn) fit with a little wiggle room. If I had all Barred Rock or a similarly larger breed, I'd go for a larger ring.