Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cynthia M from Maryland
Very easy to put on and will stay on - hard to get off but they have ridges on inside and would have liked them smooth against leg. also, would like them to be not so wide.
Timothy M from Texas
these bands were advertised to be used on quail. which is what i was to use them for and they fell off all of the birds i banded, they did not come unclipped just completely to large.
Cheryl S from Texas
Very nice. Easy to put and take off. Very sturdy. Small farm so I do not really need 100, smaller amount option would be nice so that I could order different colors.
Jacklyn C from Nevada
I got the 8mm for our Japanese quail, works on most of them, but about a 1/3 of them have fallen off. Their feet are too small, and slip out (I think when they lay down and stretch their feet out), all the of ones I have found have still been closed. They are easy to put on, but just not small enough for us.
Darla S from Kentucky
After 2 of our hens had to have spiral leg bands surgically removed from their legs, I went on the hunt for something better. This past weekend we removed old spiral bands on all the girls and replaced with these wide lock bands. They are easy to put on and remove, and the hens don't seem to mind them.