Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Christine W from Texas
Within a breed, chickens look alike. I'm using this product to differentiate between ages of flocks. The bands are staying on well so far. The hens don't seem to mind them. They were easy to put on.
Shannon E from Adirondacks
We keep finding bands in our pasture that have fallen off. We banded our youngest hens so we'd know who to cull, and we were left having to guess on many of them.
I like these leg bands but like a couple of other people mentioned, you do not sell enough sizes. My Delaware hens legs (and certainly my roosters legs) are smaller than the turkey size you offer but I have had 2 chickens get injured by the next smaller size (the biggest chicken size). I would also love it if numbers were imprinted on the bands.
Melissa D from Minnesota
These were a little small for my Delaware hens and roosters. The hens with smaller legs they will work fine for. I have yet to see how long they stay on and whether I can get them off. Would love it if numbers were embedded (not printed on) these leg bands.
Steve B from South Carolina
Excellent service and great product!