Borotto® Lumia 8 Egg Incubator
New! Expert performance for homestead flock expansion. This 8 chicken egg capacity incubator automatically monitors and adjusts heat and turns the eggs for you! Remove eggs from the turning cradles to use the unit as a hatcher.
The Borotto® Lumia 8 Incubator with Humidity Pump (item #540253 below) draws water from an external source, such as a 2-liter bottle, to maintain proper humidity.
Plastic surfaces feature an antimicrobial additive, preventing harmful bacterial growth during operation to protect your hatch.
Successfully hatch eggs from: chicken, pheasant, guinea fowl, quail, partridge, duck, goose, turkey, peafowl, and pigeons.
- Dimensions: 15.4"L x 7.9"W x 8.7"H
- Unit offered by Premier is 110V for USA-style electrical outlets
- Digital temperature display—set from 86°F to 104°F
- 20 watt avg, 50 watt max consumption
- Motor turns eggs once every hour
- Comes with a 12v DC car adapter
- Durable, heat-resistant antimicrobial plastic housing
- When using pump, humidity can be adjusted from 40% to 75%
- Made in Italy
- Chicken: 8
- Duck: 8
- Quail: 32
- Pheasant: 8
- Universal egg tray system holds all types of eggs (quail through duck) vertically for better hatch rates
- Watch the hatching process see-through cover
- External water fill location (if not using humidity pump) prevents temperature and humidity changes
- Insulated ventilation for healthy air movement and better temperature/humidity uniformity
- BIOMASTER® antimicrobial plastic additive prevents harmful growth of bacteria
- Automatic egg turning system turns eggs left to right, each cycle lasts an hour
- If using humidity pump option, simply refill an external container with clean water, the machine does the rest!
Always choose eggs suitable for incubation. If possible, choose eggs that have not traveled by mail. Why? Because eggs that are closed inside packaging do not breathe and may have experienced excessive travel stress, vibration, and temperature changes.
Do not incubate eggs dirty with fecal material, as during incubation the temperature and humidity will lead to the establishment of bacterial flora. This can contaminate all the eggs, causing infections to the embryos and resulting in premature death during hatching.
Choose eggs of normal shape. They must not be elongated, spherical, undulated or with any other malformation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tobey K from Washington
High quality product compared to other incubators I have. However, it only fit my small size goose eggs, the large eggs hit the top. It maintains temperature well and comes back up to temperature quickly after the lid is taken off and replaced. The unit is quiet, I keep it in my office and no one can hear it when I am on conference calls. It’s early in my hatch so I will know more in a couple weeks.